inactive

• Thoracic Surgery Los Angeles, CA

4.7

February 21st, 2016
Torture for my wife
Horrendously sad to watch my wife suffer as I was tortured in the interest of train students with no attending to supervise. Humans should not be treated as experiments even in the interest of helping those students learn. My loving wife could not take my suffering any more and let me go, let me die in peace and with some dignity. If the attending had done the surgery and not left for another country after my surgery, my wife might not suffer from the the guilt and the grief of letting me go. A sick way of training men and women into pompous know it alls with no heart just like their pompous mento/nonmentor.

October 5th, 2015
Truly my ANGEL DR SHEMIN AND STAFF AND NURSES AT UCLA .

April 13th, 2015
2nd Open Heart Surgery on My Wife
My dear wife has had CHF all her life. Also AF, etc., and she is currently on pacemaker # 4. Years ago, she had her first Open Heart Surgery, during which a ring reinforcement was implanted in her Mitral valve., That, eventually, needed repair and replacement. This time, we did our research, and were lucky to find Dr. Shemin. He performed my wife's 2nd Open Heart Surgery, implanting a St. Jude Nechanical Valve in the Mitral, and a ring reinforcement in the Tricuspid. Dr. Shemin - himself - and in our experience, is a wonderful guy. With us, he was kind, approachable, and above all, an outstanding and involved, and humble (rare combination) cardiologist surgeon. We think that when he is out of town, he relies too much on the MD's that work with him. No humble guys there. They definitely do not have the same level of involvement or interest that Dr. Shemin does.

March 22nd, 2013
VP
An amazing surgeon. I'm very grateful for his skill in extending my mother's life.

June 30th, 2012
saved my life in 1999

March 29th, 2012
This man saved my grandfathers life!

May 23rd, 2010
New St. Jude's valve on Wisteria Lane
56 year old male with bicuspid aortic valve - Encouraged from my very first meeting with Dr. Shemin's demeanor and record;had aortic valve replacement (mechanical) with a mini-sternotomy. Only needed pain killers for 4 days. Nurse practitioner Jessica as well as all the staff at UCLA ICU and regular coronary unit were excellent. My initial opinion was confirmed by the results. At home, two weeks post-op, walking two miles comfortably. Thankful for all the skill involved in treating me.