Dr. Richard Shemin Is this you?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

October 5th, 2015

Truly my ANGEL DR SHEMIN AND STAFF AND NURSES AT UCLA .

April 14th, 2015

2nd Open Heart Surgery on My Wife

My dear wife has had CHF all her life. Also AF, etc., and she is currently on pacemaker # 4. Years ago, she had her first Open Heart Surgery, during which a ring reinforcement was implanted in her Mitral valve., That, eventually, needed repair and replacement. This time, we did our research, and were lucky to find Dr. Shemin. He performed my wife's 2nd Open Heart Surgery, implanting a St. Jude Nechanical Valve in the Mitral, and a ring reinforcement in the Tricuspid. Dr. Shemin - himself - and in our experience, is a wonderful guy. With us, he was kind, approachable, and above all, an outstanding and involved, and humble (rare combination) cardiologist surgeon. We think that when he is out of town, he relies too much on the MD's that work with him. No humble guys there. They definitely do not have the same level of involvement or interest that Dr. Shemin does.

March 22nd, 2013

VP

An amazing surgeon. I'm very grateful for his skill in extending my mother's life.

July 1st, 2012

saved my life in 1999

March 29th, 2012

This man saved my grandfathers life!

May 23rd, 2010

New St. Jude's valve on Wisteria Lane

56 year old male with bicuspid aortic valve - Encouraged from my very first meeting with Dr. Shemin's demeanor and record;had aortic valve replacement (mechanical) with a mini-sternotomy. Only needed pain killers for 4 days. Nurse practitioner Jessica as well as all the staff at UCLA ICU and regular coronary unit were excellent. My initial opinion was confirmed by the results. At home, two weeks post-op, walking two miles comfortably. Thankful for all the skill involved in treating me.

July 19th, 2016