Dr. Richard Sherbahn MD Patient Reviews

3.9
  • 18 reviews

November 23rd, 2015
Happily pregnant at 40
Before I found DR Sherbahn, I was worried about being childless for the rest of our lives with unexplained infertility. Luckily, I got pregnant on our first ivf round with the help from Dr Sherbahn and his staff. We are so grateful.

February 26th, 2015
Sorry I wasted money on this place
Advanced Fertility Centers of Chicago is okay if you are no older than 32 and not infertile. If you are over 35 and have diminshed ovarian reserve do not expect to receive personal care. In fact, you are more of an inconvenience to them because you are bringing down their statics, which is all they care about at this place. Save your money and tears and go elsewhere.

February 4th, 2015
Rude & insensitive for no reason.

October 12th, 2014
Miserable personality
Miserable person and little compassion. Even yelled at his staff in front of us. Will not go back

August 25th, 2014
A Great Dr!
I have done 3 IVF cycle in AFCC. The first round was positive and now we are looking our second baby. I have seen Dr Sherbahn few times, sometimes he is friendly and sometimes he isn't but we are with him because he is really good in his work. We are not looking for a friend, we are looking for a baby!

July 25th, 2014
We had a very positive experience with Dr. Sherbahn and his staff. Dr. Sherbahn is very professional and detailed oriented in treatment, procedures, and clinic. His staff, nurses, and embryologist are very helpful and compassionate. I highly recommend his clinic.

February 27th, 2013
I really can't imagine a better fertility clinics in the country! Dr. Sherbhan knows what he is doing and is dedicated, honest and caring. His staff is topnotch and excellent to work with. I am currently 7 weeks pregnant from my first time with Advanced Fertility!

January 27th, 2013
After 4 years of trying to have our second child naturally, we finally went to a clinic in CA that was certain they could help us get pregnant. After that cycle sadly failed, they told us that our only option was to use donor sperm if we wanted to have another baby. A few years later, we decided to research doctors that could "guarantee" their treatment. We found Dr. Sherbahn's office and were relieved to see that we might qualify for their shared risk program. Our insurance wouldn't pay for IVF, so we would have had to take out a loan. We drove 10 hours to meet Dr. Sherbahn and find out if we could qualify for the Shared Risk program. After the workup, we were all in agreement that we should be able to get pregnant. On our third cycle, we became pregnant with twins. His staff was like family and their knowledge, support, and skill gave us strength the whole time. Dr. Sherbahn committed himself to us and would not give up. We will never forget the miracles he gave our family.

September 28th, 2012
After trying to conceive for 2.5 years, including going through 6 failed IUI's and 1 failed IVF with a different fertility clinic, we went to Dr. Sherbahn. We were very impressed with his knowledge and his willingness to answer questions and explain things thoroughly. He spent over an hour with us at our initial consultation, which took place after normal clinic hours, and we left feeling very confident that we wanted him to perform our next IVF cycle. Scheduling was easy and convenient, the cycle went very smoothly, and 9 months later I gave birth to my beautiful, perfect baby girl.Overall, I had a much better IVF experience here than at my previous clinic. Obviously, my outcome was better, but I was happier here even before I knew that my cycle had been successful. My previous clinic felt very "assembly line", and this felt much more personalized. I also liked that I knew that Dr. Sherbahn would be performing all of my procedures. In addition, when a cycle results in pregnancy, Dr. Sherbahn performs the pregnancy ultrasounds himself, which is great because you can ask your questions immediately. When we had our first ultrasound and saw that beautiful heartbeat, he told us that this was his favorite part of the job.It is very likely that we will need to have IVF to conceive a second child, and we will definitely be returning to Dr. Sherbahn in the future.

July 24th, 2012
Dr. Sherbahn helped us have twins!
I would highly recommend Dr. Sherbahn and his caring staff. We tried two other fertility specialists before Dr. Sherbahn and I wish we would have went to him first. Thanks to him we are the proud parents of twin girls. His staff is outstanding and are great with scheduling appointments, getting you in and out quickly and are very kind during a stressful time. You can actually get to his office quickly from Chicago - it is worth the drive!

March 14th, 2012
BEST IFV expereince
After trying for more than a year to get pregnant and going through a bad experience with a fertility doctor in Milwaukee, my husband and I could not be happier with our decision to go with Dr. Sherbahn. I am convinced that his knowledge is superior to many other fertility doctors in the area. Since you don't interact with the doctor very much (which was fine with me), it is important to feel comfortable with the staff. I loved them. I felt a sincere connection to them. Overall, I highly recommend Dr. Sherbahn and am thrilled that we now have a healthy baby girl!

February 17th, 2012
dr sherbahn is in love with himself!!!
This guy was a toal jerk. My husband and I waited over an hour to see him and he didn't even apologize. He has a horrible bedside manner so if your looking to be treated like a human being this is not the place. The lady who does the ultrasounds is very aggressive and rude. The only thing I can say is that the receptionist at the front desk was very nice other than that this place was aweful!