A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Richard Shimer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Richard Shimer is Good.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Richard Shimer, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Digestive System Abnormalities
- Gallbladder Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
Education & Awards
Dr. Shimer graduated from Drexel University , Philadelphia. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Shimer has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Women and Children's Hospital Lake Charles
- Christus St Patrick Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Richard Thomas Shimer MD is a male Surgeon, has 14 years of experience and practices in Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Richard T. Shimer practice?
- Dr. Richard Shimer has 4 office locations.
Dr. Richard Shimer practices Surgery near Lake Charles, LA.
Additional practice locations include: Deridder, LA.
See Lake Charles Surgeons.