A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Richard Shimer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Richard Shimer is Good.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Shimer
Endometriosis Patient Education Read about common symptoms and treatments by reading our endrometriosis patient education guide to endometrial implants.Before Visiting Dr. Shimer Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Specialties & Research
Dr. Richard Shimer, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Digestive System Abnormalities
- Gallbladder Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
Education & Awards
Dr. Shimer graduated from Drexel University , Philadelphia. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Shimer has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Women and Children's Hospital Lake Charles
- Christus St Patrick Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Richard Thomas Shimer MD is a male Surgeon, has 14 years of experience and practices in Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Richard T. Shimer practice?
- Dr. Richard Shimer has 1 office location.
Dr. Richard Shimer practices Surgery near Lake Charles, LA.
See Lake Charles Surgeons.