Dr. Richard Skolnik MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

December 21st, 2016
Two surgeries came out great
I have seen Dr. Skolnik for two procedures a few years apart. He questions patients very carefully, is not pushy, explains everything thoroughly, then does a fantastic job in the Operating Room. Unlike some plastic surgeons with fancy offices, he is all about the work. And I should know. I'm an MD myself.

July 28th, 2016
After extensive "shopping" I found Dr. Skolnik. Both he and his office are treasures. His patience and sensitivity are surpassed only by his skill and talent. I have had two procedures with him and would do them again. His follow-up care is above and beyond any care I've ever received with any other physician. No one takes better care of his patients than Richard Skolnik. His medical aesthetician, Vilma, has taken care of my skin to the extent that I put nothing on my face without her input.

January 5th, 2016
I was hesitant to visit a plastic surgeon but wanted to rejuvenate my face...being of a certain age. Dr. Skolnick was highly recommended by friends and I am now a devoted patient. He made various suggestions and I never felt that he was out to make money on me. I look and feel better. And I continue to see him for maintenance. His office staff is wonderful and they have always accommodated my crazy schedule. I can honesty say that his practice is extremely professional.

December 31st, 2015
Horrible experience
Dr. Skolnik is unprofessional and unethical. I had a revision rhinoplasty with him in 2010. He was so kind, patient, understanding, person before my surgery. Unfortunately 3 months post op one of the grafts collapsed a little. It was 18 months of post op visits after this surgery to see how the healing goes. His behavior changed when the issue occurred. At my last post op in 2011 he said it was so small that he would not want to touch it because things could get worse if he goes in there. In time if it got worse he would fix it. I saw him 2 times after that when things were changing. But in 2015 the graft collapsed further and changed my nostril size. Called up his office. The day before my appt. his secretary informed me he would no longer see me as a patient. I have NEVER been blown off by a doctor or dismissed like this ever in my life and it was a punch in the gut to me as a human being and patient. All my friends and Drs could not believe how unprofessional he was. So, god forbid if anything goes wrong in your post op- this surgeon will not be there for you. I am single and more vulnerable and put my trust and safety and confidence in this surgeon's hands and he shattered that. If I were in the public eye or someone with power I doubt this would have happen. He is a coward and cruel. Want to warn other women out there because I don't want anyone to feel what I did and be abandoned with no help.

May 14th, 2015
The Very Best in his field.
He is wonderful. He has the eye of an artist and the skill of a master.

July 24th, 2014
The best cosmetic doctor in New York
Dr Skolnik is amazing I have been going to him for over 12 years .. For facial skin treatments after he did my breast implants.. If I hv future cosmetic surgery he is the only one I would consider!! I was reading two of these reviews and all I can say is there must be a couple of really angry people out there.. Which is why I am writing my review His offices are Beautiful His staff is highly professional and very friendly He is adorable and very personable and I never feel rushed when I go there As a matter of fact I believe he books space in between his appointments so you rarely see somebody else in the waiting room which I think is very classy Believe me you do not get listed every year as one of the top doctors in New York and in the world for nothing.. Simply the best!!!!

September 26th, 2013
I am going back after 20 years
I had my first breast lift from Dr. Skolnik in 1993. I had several breast tumors removed and asked the surgeon for a plastic surgeon. He did a GREAT job! Many have complimented me since. Mostly doctors while examining. I had a few complications (nothing to do with his work) I will always remember this, he was going skiing and stopped by the hospital to make sure I was ok. He canceled his trip and was back the next morning. Ok so that was yesteryears. Time has passed and I have had recovered from cancer and know need reconstructive surgery. I plan on using Dr. Skolnick again.

May 30th, 2012
overrated
I went to see him because his reputation is really good but I am confused as to why. His office is old and dirty and his front office staff looked like they would rather be doing anything but be working there. The manager was rude and dismissive to me when I asked some basic questions. The doctor was nice but seemed more interested in getting on to see the next patient and made me feel like my questions were silly. He also had a student in the room staring at my breasts and never had the courtesy of asking if that was ok with me. Surgery with him? No thanks.

April 12th, 2012
20 Years Younger
After researching the top Plastic Surgeons in New York in Spring 2011, I met with Dr. Skolnik and was impressed with how easy he was to talk with and with how natural his patients looked after their surgeries. I was also impressed that New York Magazine had named him one of the Top Plastic Surgeons in New York for more than ten years, a reflection on his reputation among his fellow surgeons. I certainly am glad I chose him because I am thrilled with the results! My friends tell me that I look 20 years younger, which is exactly what I wanted. Also, my recovery was much faster/easier than I expected (my health has always been on the fragile side). So, thank you Dr. Skolnik, you really are wonderful!

January 21st, 2012
The only plastic surgeon I would EVER use
I am a physician at Mount Sinai and I trained a few years behind Dr. Skolnik. He just did my facelift and upper and lower eyelid surgery. I am an Ob Gyn so I see a lot of Upper East Side women with cosmetic surgery done by a lot of well known plastic surgeons. No one compares to Dr. Skolnik. He is amazingly talented and an absolute artist, not to mention, a living doll. I am now 16 days out. I look great, and am back at work. The recovery is a bit tough, but the results are spectacular. EVERYONE I have ever sent to him has been thrilled with her results and has looked magnificent. When it came time for me to do my surgery I didn't even consider any one else. I went straight to his office and let him take care of me and it was the best decision I ever made. He is the most talented plastic surgeon I've ever encountered.

August 17th, 2010
Horrible Doctor
This doctors attitude is disgustingHe is condescending. He wantedupfront the entire payment for a simple office procedure weeks priorto it. I complained to his staff andwas called the next day by them sayingthe doctor cancelled the procedure.Of all the plastic surgeons I have seenhe is the most disgusting. His officelooks worse then a clinic in an oldapartment building. Never again