A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Richard Sobel:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Richard Sobel is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Sobel
Lyme Disease Patient Education Read about the Lyme borreliosis bacteria transmitted by ticks in our Lyme disease patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Sobel Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Richard Sobel, MD is board certified in Pain Medicine and Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Migraine Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Sobel graduated from Pennsylvania State University, Hershey.
Dr. Sobel has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
- Methodist Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Richard M Sobel MD is a male Geriatic Psychiatrist, has 30 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry, Geriatric Psychiatry, Pain Medicine, and Pain Medicine.
- Where does Dr. Richard M. Sobel practice?
- Dr. Richard Sobel has 1 office location.
Dr. Richard Sobel practices Psychiatry, Geriatric Psychiatry, Pain Medicine, and Pain Medicine near Philadelphia, PA.
See Philadelphia Psychiatrists and Philadelphia Pain Management Doctors.