Dr. Richard Solomon Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Richard Solomon?

Best Doctor Ever

Posted on April 19th, 2012

We love love love Dr Solomon. He has helped not only my son but my family. He always calls me back if I call with a question and takes the time to make sure I understand. Well worth the money. I have school listening to me because I say Dr Solomon said we need to do xyz and it will get done. I think the bad review was because that family did not get the answer that they wanted to hear.

The first doctor that listened to me

Posted on August 24th, 2009

I had been to a few doctors before coming to Dr. Solomon, and he was the first one who really listened to what I had to say. He is incredibly generous with his time, and took the time to connect with my son. My son LOVES him and looks forward to seeing him--what other doctor does a kid request to go see?! We started going to see Dr. Solomon when he was at the University of Michigan, and now he is in private practice. He has written letters for us to our school, he has connected us with great resources, and most importantly, he has taught us how to play with our child in a way that makes our relationships better. I highly recommend Dr. Rick!

Completely irresponsible

Posted on August 12th, 2009

Richard Solomon, MD is either incompetent or professionally irresponsible. He does not do comprehensive testing (or any testing of that matter) before making diagnosiss. He is rude in the extreme and sets himself up as an expert. One has to ask, why does he not accept insurance and why is he setup in a store front and not associated with a medical institution. To diagnose a child with Aspersers, Autism or PDD-NOS, a good deal of observation and testing has to take place first, not one office visit. Either his ego is so big that he thinks that does not apply to him or he is creating situations where people come back to him (continued billing). If you have been to see him you have to ask yourself what has he really done. I am sure there are children that have real problems that are brought o his office and I am sure that he does suggest real world treatments. It was my families experience that he was wrong (this after extensive testing of our child at two separate medical institutions) and that he did not bring anything substantive to the table other then selling us a book and setting up another office visit. In addition his letter to our family doctor had no less then seven errors in facts as it related to the appointment.With all the options available in the area I suggest that you do not risk you childs future health going to see Richard Solomon, MD. If you are looking for an assessment you need to go through a formal testing process, if you need help you need to go to a structured program for assistance.

Life Saver

Posted on June 3rd, 2008

Dr. Rick showed us a side of our child we never saw before--he helped us understand that we can help our son in many ways (our son was diagnosed with pdd nos)

Wonderful and Caring

Posted on March 31st, 2008

Dr. Solomon helped our family so much--he spent a long time talking with us when he diagnosed our son with autism. I can't believe the negative review on this site! He is the first doctor to truly engage my son, and address the emotional impact of having a child with autism. His program has helped so many other families I know. He is professional, caring and compassionate--and a wonderful public speaker (I've been to his intro workshop). If you go on the chatrooms for Floortime, you will see how many parents love the program that he offers. I can't say enough how lucky I feel to have found Dr. Solomon and I recommend him highly.

Posted on January 4th, 2017