Overall Review

April 16th, 2016
Staright-forward, all business doctor, meticlous, not social gadfly
Dr Sprague helped to save my life. Found polyps w turned to cancer. Had surgery. He is thorough and always explains in DETAIL my medical findings, suggestions, treatments. He always answers my questions and he listens. BUT in the beginning, rather cold. You have to get to know him, converse with him, ask him questions, concerns, tell him your feelings. He is funny at times, very personable, but just have to get to know the whole personality. He is very meticulous, very. Dependable and caring. He's not your social psychologist or much at small chit-chat at all. He is your medical dr. He spends his days trying to save lives, folks. He follows up, checks on me. Excellent PA. Excellent OP nurse. RS nurse is a bit daffy, my opinion, and frequently makes serious mistakes, in rush, jumps to conclusions. She needs to go, my opinion. Yes-he knows. I told him so. He didn't hire her. But he made sure I now get a top quality nurse other than her. His staff will call during day and check on me if ill or sick, and the following morning. He has a sense of humor, just get to know him. But I go to him because he is "top-notch", thorough, explains, even draws pictures for me to understand. Explains in detail my colonoscopy pictures. Why? because I ask! And he knows I care about my health VERY much.

January 24th, 2013
I would not rec. this doctor to anyone. He does not treat your symptoms, and really does not seem to care for your well being.

April 20th, 2012
This doctor had a bias against obese patients. He told me and the family member I had present that I was "a medical waste of resources" and he did not feel like treating me. He admitted to prescribing medications just to "throw something at the problem" and in the next sentence told me my tests were normal and I was engaging in attention seeking behavior. Seemed unconcerned that his prior prescription included not one but two amtibiotics to which I am deathly allergic. Refused any other treatments and semt me home with one medication I cannot use. I still have unaddressed active GI bleeding; he just didn't care.

January 6th, 2011
Excellent!
Great Doctor, spends time listening, and gets you taken care of. I like this Doc!