A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Richard Steffan:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Richard Steffan is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Richard Steffan, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Steffan graduated from University of Miami . He has 1 awards.
Dr. Steffan has 11 hospital affiliations:
- CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Medical Center
- St Luke's Baptist Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Steffan accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 1 plan
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 2 plans
- Superior Health Plan - 2 plans
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- Community First Health Plans - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 8 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- ODS Health Plans - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Richard Steffan practice?
Dr. Richard Steffan practices Orthopaedic Surgery near San Antonio, TX.
See San Antonio Surgeons.