Dr. Richard Stehl MD Patient Reviews

• General Practice Montgomery, AL

May 27th, 2016
Slow in the Mornings, but a great doctor who cares.
Dr. Stehl is the very first and ONLY doctor to ever actually LISTEN to me and accurately diagnose me run the correct tests on me and after years of doctors and specialist dismissing me as having nothing or being just sick or having water weight, or being tired, or just having a rash, or just pulling a muscle-I heard it all- he did a simple blood test, I have Lupus-simple enough, take vitamin D, lots of it, I gained alot of weight-he discovered, I have no metabolism, go figure-take vitamin B and I need to be on medication to boost my metabolism, I also have micro seizures which doctors kept telling me were my nerves, so they kept giving me medications for my nerves which didn't work, he put me on the correct medication, I don't shake any more or have mini seizures, he is an excellent doctor. He does however have a tendency to over book himself in the mornings though, so just be aware of that, he does need to organize his A.M. appointments a little better and spread them out more, but he takes his time LISTENS to his patients, doesn't blow them off or prescribe unnecessary medication, or over medicate people. I read reviews from people upset he won't prescribe more pills, really? it's because he has a conscience, you won't more drugs go to a clinic and see a doc in a box, they prescribe anything you want without thinking. Dr. Stehl won't because he is actually one of the few remaining doctors who doesn't take kick backs from pharmacuetical companies to hand out pills like they are M&M's.

March 10th, 2015
GOOD DOCTOR
THE BEST DOCTOR IN THE WORLD. I HAVE NOT HAD A DOCTOR SO GOOD.

February 11th, 2015
Dr Stehl is an excellent physician. He really listens to his patients. He accepts walk in appointments all day. He truly care about his patients.

February 9th, 2015
I have been a patient of Dr. Stehls' for about 2 years. He is always very nice and helpful --will take the time to listen to me and discuss any problem that I might have.

December 26th, 2014
Okay ! :)

February 24th, 2013
problem md
I think the doctor has severe problems with his home life and brings that into play with his patients. Since his assistant or nurse left the office is worse. The only positive thing there was his smart upbeat blonde curly haired nurse. She was very smart and knew how to talk to patients. The front office staff has bad attitudes and discusses patients business infront of everybody, which is not good. I was there one day and heard the front office girl yelling like a crazy woman.

October 4th, 2012
Office needs to be more organized in scheduling
The doctor is friendly, very easy to talk with, and seems open to patient concerns. The ongoing problem with this office is getting in and out. It takes forever, and I can't figure out why. Just poorly organized when it comes to scheduling patients and it doesn't seem to ever improve. Maybe a good office manager would help.

June 9th, 2012
Wish I Had Gone Elsewhere
Terrible bedside manner.

May 1st, 2012
sorry docor who doesn't care for his patients
I have been seeing this doc. for over 2 yrs. now for mainly my back (have had back surgery, needing another one now), I stay in severity of pain, also he subscribes my ADD meds.. Well was feeling good so I got my friend to take me since I didn't want to drive. We was in the office for 4 HOURS, for him to cm. in and tell me that he was changing the ONLY med. that was/has really doing me any good. He wanted to put me on fentanyl patches that I had been on previously that I told him that it did not work for me,it had me like I was incoharant, so he change to morphine 30mg. that did not wk. for me so I called to let them know I was having to take 2 just to ease the pain when I was only subscribed 2 a day so I was scared I would run out and he traeted me like I was some kind of dope head or something and had a nasty nasty attitude....I wouldn't recommend anyone to him cause if you have ant pain like I do, he really doesn't care!!!...y just not leave me what I was on that helped me. Looking for a good understanding doc. now so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!...the whole time I have been going, this man has never even drawn blood from me so that should tell u enough right there!!....DO NOT WASTE UR TIME AND GO TO HIM!!!

October 20th, 2011
Great family docter
Friendly staff with most importantly, a docter who cares and takes proper time with his patients. Its always a good experience with this team of health care providers.

May 1st, 2011
Dr. Stehl
I am very pleased with Dr. Stehl. He spends whatever time needed to understand my heath problems, and has a wonderful bed side manager. I love him and his staff.

February 10th, 2011
female
There are alot of things I would like to say but I will keep it short. I am not happy with this doctor in general. There was only one positive sweet spirit about that place and that was his little blonde pretty nurse who would give you a hug just when you needed it. I was going through a divorce and she could tell that I was stressed because after she checked my vitals she sat down and looked up at me and replied " call if you need to talk and I am here for you." She could look at me and tell I had alot on me and she cared. She was a sharp nurse!!! She no longer works there and the only reason I stayed is her mom, she is just wonderful!!