inactive

Richard D Steller MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 26th, 2016
excellent
I thought the doctor was very good. He was knowledgeable compassionate and concerned. I had a good rapport with the staff too. I would definitely recommend

September 18th, 2016
excellent
i would definitely recommend this doctor tp family and friends. in fact i already have

June 21st, 2016
impressed
I have a chronic gi problem so I have been to many long island gi's. I have been very impressed with Dr Steller. He was very knowledgeable and helpful I would definitely recommend

June 1st, 2016
Keep Looking
Have a GI problem that have been trying to treat for a while on my own, but no luck. I checked my insurance company for local GI docs and he was on the list and close by so made an appt. He ran a bunch of tests and found nothing so he wanted to do a colonoscopy and endoscopy. Anyway, shortly after the blood test I had one day when my GI problems were very bad, severe bloating and pain, nausea, all the issues. I called his office to speak to him about giving me something to help. Receptionist took my message and said he would call, but never did. I called back and heard them tell him I was on the phone in pain, I also heard him tell the nurse that I had to make an appointment, he did not have the time to speak to me, if it was bad I should go to the ER! That was it! This jerk is not a good doctor, has no beside manner and does not care about his patients, only more office fees. I ended up going to a GI at Columbia, nicest doc I ever dealt with and from what I hear he is the best GI doc in NYC. He diagnosed my issue without all those tests, SIBO. He put me on antibiotics and I was much better.

May 19th, 2016
liked him and staff a lot

April 3rd, 2016
very good experience. He was knowledgeable and patient in explaining things. my colonoscopy went very well

July 10th, 2015
Rude staff!
Rude staff! Worst ever!!! Avoid!

April 15th, 2015
15 minutes JUST for an appointment?!
I haven't stepped foot in the office yet and I am already annoyed with the staff. 2 phone calls totaling a half hour JUST to make an appointment. Finally someone helps me, and I have to continue to repeating myself. If you can't understand the answers then stop asking and let me come to the office and fill out the paperwork myself!? Thankfully I am patient, but some people may not like this and will just call the next doctor with better reviews....

January 31st, 2015
The doctor is excellent. Staff is not as good .

August 5th, 2014
Couldn't tell the difference between a hemorrhoid or an abscess
Went to the office waited an 1hr45mins to be seen. Came in met with him and thought he was nice guy. Took a look at me real quick and sent me on my way with hemorrhoid cream. 2 days later I was in excruciating pain, and was trying to contact him for over 2 hrs. He has an answering service that pages him when a patient calls the office on their off days. Finally after calling 3 times I got a return phone call back and was rushed off the phone by him in a very rude manor. I ended up having an extremely large and extremely painful anal abscess and not a hemorrhoid. If I did not go to the emergency room I would have been dealing with this problem for another week till I went back to see him. If hemorrhoids is what you are known for treating and you are going to brag about how many you have seen you should be able to diagnose them properly.

November 29th, 2013
had a very good experience....recommend highly

October 14th, 2013
very professional
Very professional and considerate. I had been putting off having a colonoscopy for several years. Went here and had a very g00d experience