Dr. Richard Stephens Jr MD Patient Reviews

4.7

• Good
  • Bad

February 23rd, 2016
Dr Richard Stephens is the best there is out there if it wasn't for him my son wouldn't be alive and well today so I thank Dr Stephens for saving my son

August 28th, 2014
Amazing people
Wow, i doubt the lady below will ever be satisfied because she is so wrong and LYING. Dr. Stephens and his staff are so awesome! I went in as a possible high risk pregnancy and Dr. Stephens put a lot of time into always checking my cervix and paying attention to my body. He is detailed and is always able to answer any questions i have. He treated me for preterm labor and with his help he has made this pregnancy so easy and stress free. I have also seen Amanda every week for the last four months to get my hormone shots and she is literally an ANGEL. I have never met a nurse that is as helpful and as sweet as she is, she is always smiling and has been quick to return my calls if needed. The front desk is a little scrambled sometimes but they always do there best to get you in and out as quick as possible and are all extremely friendly. I HIGHLY RECCOMMEND.

July 23rd, 2013
I would not recommend this Dr. to anyone. He acts like he doesn't want to be there and is bothered by any questions, issues or concerns that you might have. He does not care about you as a person or your baby. My husband came to one of my appointments with me and Dr. Stephens didn't even acknowledge him even to say hello. He never asks how you are feeling if you don't bring up a concern on your own he won't talk to you, but he will laugh and joke and hold a personal conversation with his nurse in front of you. His nurse Amanda is nasty and mean. She acts like she above you and is also bothered by any problems or issues that you might have. She will basically put you down and act like you don't know what you are talking about. This happened to me THREE times when I called with an issue and I ended up having to seek care at the emergency room. The receptionist doesn't care about her job either she is ALWAYS on the phone and rushes you out. She even forgot to give me my glucose drink for my sugar test and I had to wait to get it done two weeks later thankfully I didn't have gestational diabetes. Oh and one more thing good luck trying to get an appointment with this man Dr. Stephens is hardly ever in the man takes more vacations then anyone I have ever seen. I have only been going there for 7 months and he has been on vacation 4 times already forcing me to have to push back appointments or schedule with different doctors.

July 17th, 2013
Dr. Stephens
I wouldnt go anywhere else dr.stephens and his nurses are the best i have had both my kids by him and two miscarriages he was there for me and made sure i didnt have no questions left unanswered and dr.stephens i want to say thank you for that he is a great doctor and i would recommend him to any and everyone he dont make u feel uncomfortable at all

July 2nd, 2013
I've been seeing Dr. Stephens for a few years now. At first, I thought he seemed sort of distant. Of course, it could have been because I was just uncomfortable about the whole idea of a pap smear! After I got pregnant with my first child, I began seeing Dr. Stephens more regularly. However, there was a period of time when he was out of the country and I had to have appointments with other doctors in the same facility. I realized then just how comfortable I was with Dr. Stephens. He always seemed to really care about how I was progressing with my pregnancy. He looked me in the eye when he spoke. He always listened intently to my concerns and never brushed away any of my nervousness or fear as stupid. Other doctors just treated me like another "number." He was so supportive during my C-section and afterwards when I thought my daughter had colic. Because he had a child that had it, it was so nice to know someone who had been through it, and he helped me with suggestions and advice on how to cope. I would recommend Dr. Stephens to anyone because of his true concern for his patients. However, I would also say that any woman should go to the doctor SHE feels most comfortable with.

November 15th, 2012
Wonderful Doctor
After years and years of suffering female problems, I was at my wit's end. At 31 years old, not many doctors would even consider a hysterectomy, even at my wishes, and with my history. Both my mother and grandmother had complete hysterectomies in their early 30s due to ovarian cysts, and uterine cancer. I have battled with cervical cancer a couple of times in my life, and after having both of my children, had the Essure implants. Not long ago, I started suffering majorly from them, and wanted them and the rest removed. Every doctor told me I was too young, or wasn't old enough to consider not having more children (even though the Essure is permanent.) Dr. Stephens listened, he cared about what I live through, and performed my surgery flawlessly. I still follow up with him, and go in with my list of questions each time. Whether its one or 100, he listens, and answers. Great doctor.

January 12th, 2012
didn't care
This was my first time with this doctor..I had heard some really good things about this him.. however it didn't turn out the way i expected..everything was perfect at first the staff was great the wait time was good.. but once i got back to see the doctor it went down hill from there! He was not friendly and acted like he didn't want to be there and was rude.. I don't recommend him to anyone.. and I will not be going back.. I was very DISAPPOINTED!

February 8th, 2011
What a pleasant surprise! The nurse Amanda was amazing and freindly she greeted me by name and didn't act like I was an inconvenience. It was like they had only scheduled me for that time slot. Dr. Stephens met with me in his office before the exam-what a novel idea to try to get to know your patients. He was very professional and nice- imagine that! He did not rush through my exam but he also did not take any unnecessary time in the uncomfortable parts of it either. His nurse stays in the room with him the entire time. I walked out happy- can't say this has ever happened before at my previous gynocologist- there I felt like it was a cattle call and they were rushing everywhere. Watch out for the front desk receptionist because she was on a personal phone call when I went to check out- and did not get off until her supervisor offered to help me- this person is not directly related to Dr. Stephens though she is the receptionist for the entire place. Overall the best Drs visit I have ever had and Im 32!

May 24th, 2010
Dr. Stephens is terrific. He always takes time with his patients. I have never felt rushed or uncomfortable. He is a great physician and very thorough. His nurses are wonderful. Especially Cindy...she is a angel!! She calls back in a timely manner and really is sincere about caring. I have nothing but raves about him!!

August 3rd, 2017