Dr. Richard Stern MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

April 19th, 2016
I have been to him twice- I have a unknown autoimmune disease. He was very thorough to help me figure out what my problem was! I wish he was my PCP because he cares A LOT!

March 21st, 2016
Dr. Stern has been my doctor for approximately five years. I would certainly recommend him to anyone. My wife and I find him to always be very cordial and unlike many doctors he has a great sense of humor. My wife doesn't normally have a very high opinion of most of most doctors so the fact that she really likes Dr. Stern speaks volumes. All that aside he is an excellent doctor and has performed nothing short of a miracle in diagnosing and treating me for two separate autoimmune diseases. I am currently feeling better than I have in years. His office staff and nurses are always very friendly and professional.

February 25th, 2016
Top doc
I have been seeing dr. stern for 10 years now. Always takes the time I need and explains everything in terms I can understand. The office staff is top notch. I highly recommend Dr. Stern

October 24th, 2015
Dr. Stern was persistant in figuring out my problem. He always explains what is going on and listens and answers all my questions. I never feel like he is rushing through my appointment. When I have an issue He or his nurse gets back to me promptly. I am extremely pleased with Dr. Stern.

September 17th, 2015
Knowledgeable, great doctor
DR Stern is a great doctor. Knowledgeable and self explanatory. He spent a lot of time with me, evaluating me and explaining me my lab's results. He definitely cares about their patients no matter how bad is your condition. I highly recommend him.

August 24th, 2015
Top Performing Specialist -
I was refered to Dr. Stern by my primary physician, in 2009. I have been diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis(IBD). My team of doctors to include Dr. Stern who has maintianed routine check points with labs, medication and office visits to keep my illness in remission. He is knowledable and available to assist with my illness. I find him to be among the best of top to top doctors. He and his staff are flexiable in meeting my needs wheather I'm in town or traveling for work. I'm pleased with Dr. Stern's and his staffs medical practices for me in and out of the office - it works for me and I am grateful to be a patient of Dr. Stern. He is patient and does listen as he works effectively with his staff to keep me in remission. I highly recommend this doctor for treatment.

February 20th, 2015
Worst Doctor I've ever seen!
Dr. Stern is very arrogant, condescending and lacks basic medical understanding. AVOID! STAY AWAY!

July 3rd, 2013
I have been a patient of Dr. Stern's for a little over two years. I have found him to be very attentive, thorough and willing to work with me on my medications. He is very patient as well as a partner in my health care. He was very supportive and helpful when I suggested a visit to the Cleveland Clinic. He let me know if necessary he would gladly work with the Dr's there. He even discussed my case on several occasions with them. I am still currently under his care and appreciate all he has done for me. I trust in him so much that I have recommended my wife's Aunt see him regarding her RA.

July 19th, 2011
Great Experience!
I have seen Dr. Stern over the past 5 years and have always found him to be professional and extremely thorough. I have read the previous negative comments and this is not the MD I saw. He spends more time with me than the majority of specialists I have seen. He is compassionate, caring and I recommend him to anyone who needs a Rheumatologist!

January 13th, 2011
Excellent doctor!
I have been seeing Dr. Stern for a couple of years now for arthritis and have found him to be very knowledgable about the latest drugs available for my condition. He also has a pleasant personality and listens well as well as explains things well. Last I'd like to mention that Dr. Stern asked me about my wait time in the waiting room and in my 50 years I have NEVER had a physician show any concern about how much time I had to sit in their waiting room. I give Dr. Stern and A+++ for competence and kindness.

December 20th, 2010
Pleased
...especially re: thoroughness of his exam & tests performed and information given.

October 9th, 2010
Bedside manner
I found Dr. Richard Stern to be rude and abrasive. He was condesending in response to my questions, if he answered them at all. When asked about statements on my patient form he interrupted frequently, I was able to complete perhaps 4 sentences. He criticized the meds and diagnosis of 3 prior physicians. I explained my insurance situation, he doubted my comments to the extent that he left the room to check on them. He raised his voice on several occasions and stated that either I was wrong or my physician was wrong. I have never, in 63 years, experienced such rudeness in the medical profession. I would not reccomend this physician to anyone.