A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Richard Sundberg:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Richard Sundberg is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Richard Sundberg, MD is board certified in Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Colon Cancer
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
Education & Awards
Dr. Sundberg graduated from Creighton University, Omaha. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Sundberg has 6 hospital affiliations:
- California Pacific Medical Center - Davies Campus
- John Muir Medical Center, Walnut Creek Campus
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Sundberg accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 12 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 92 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Unicare - 12 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 17 plans
- Humana - 8 plans
- Cigna - 5 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Richard A. Sundberg practice?
Dr. Richard Sundberg practices Gastroenterology near San Francisco, CA.
See San Francisco Gastroenterologists.