Dr. Richard Sveum Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Richard Sveum?

6 Ratings with 1 Comment

October 25th, 2015

He is an excellent Allergist

I had some swellings all over my body for months. My mouth, eye lids,... everywhere, was swelling. I saw 8 different specialists (3 from Allergy not counting Dr. Sveum). They had no clue what was happening. One of them told me "People get hives just take some antihistamine". Unbelievable..... What I learned during that period, is that as in every profession there are ~10% of people who really know things and are good, the rest 90% is just coasting to their retirement and is unwilling to learn anything new (same holds for my filed, Aerospace Engineering). After 6 months of seeing different specialists and being disappointed how little they know, as a last ditch effort I turned to Park Nicollet clinic since I heard (from a friend of mine who is Cardiologist) that they have a few very good doctors there. I walked into Dr. Sveum offic. He asked me to tell him what the problem was. I described the problem and symptoms in 20 minutes (he let me speak and just listened - very rare these days). When I was done, he told me the diagnosis. I told him that I saw 8 doctors and 3 from Allergy specialty and they had no clue. And I asked him why I should believe him. He said: "Because I am good and I know my stuff, the others you saw have no clue what they are doing". Than he told me where he did his specialization, how many cases like mine he saw, and how he treated them. I was floored. Rarely in life do you come to somebody who knows things and is so confident. I liked him immediately. I have been his patient for the last 3 years. Every time I go for visit (2 times a year), he makes a point of reading what I told him last time, than asks me if anything changed, and notes everything done. He does his work professionally and covers all the bases. In fact out of all doctors that I visited he is the most through/professional one. I wish I could give 6 starts for Accurate Diagnosis category. My only concern is what I will do when he retires.

February 4th, 2015