Dr. Richard Perry Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Richard Perry?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

February 20th, 2013

Blown Off Because Condtion Not Obvious

I saw Dr. Perry about a swelling located in the right half of the stomach area for three months. No swelling exists on the left. He not only could not tell me what was wrong or why my pain but was going to send me to an oncologist when there was no tumor. He spent 15 minutes with me bringing in his med student and that includes looking at the CAT I brought. I came away feeling that if something isn't obvious he isn't interested. Absolutely wasted visit. My primary felt he blew me off.

April 3rd, 2012

caring ,knowlegeable surgeon

I was diagnosed with esophogeal cancer and told my chances were bleak. During my initial visit with Dr. Perry, he explained the procedure and drew a diagram on paper from exam table, leaving no questions, he scheduled and performed surgery. I am alive today inspite of a 20% chance of survival given me in 2009. Always in my room before 6:00am every morning prior to surgery with a group of interns in tow. I would highly recomend this man to anyone in need of the best.

September 8th, 2011

Don't be to quick to judge

I just wanted to comment on the person that wrote in complaining about the length of time they had to wait. The first couple of times I went to see Dr. Perry I had to wait a ridiculous amount of time (over an hour). The second time I was there he apologized for it because the other doctor that works in the office was on maternity leave. The last four times I have been in I literally waited LESS THAN TEN minutes. One of the times I had called him at 5:30a.m. with a problem and he told me to come in as soon as the office opened and he would take care of me. When I got there he was waiting for me and took care of my problem immediately. That one visit made up for the few times I had to wait so long. If I can get prompt care like that when I need it, I will wait a little when I have to. But like I said, I have not had to wait the last four visits. As far as the med students, I felt a little different about that too. They introduced themself and then stepped back and I hardly knew they were there. I was glad they were learning from a doctor as well qualifed as Dr. Perry. I did feel the same way on one of my earlier visits, that he was kind of rushed and I didn't get to ask all my questions, but since then I have not found that to be true. Maybe that has to do with the other doctor being back, I don't know?

June 22nd, 2011

Waiting room was very crowded. I did not feel that he adequately explained things to me. I had a list of questions but by the 2nd one he already had his hand on the door to leave and did not give me time to ask another. I was there for an initial consultation for possible surgery and wanted more information about off work time, new medications, inpatient vs outpatient stay, etc. There also was just a medical assistant there rather than an RN, so essentially nobody else to ask. I do not doubt his skill, just that he is trying to see too many patients in a day.

April 6th, 2011

Excellent Doctor

Dr. Perry is thorough, although the time he spends with you can feel short and it's a long wait. You may feel it is not complete, but he's an excellent listener and quickly understands and knows how to fix the problem. Something that can be uncomfortable (as a woman) is he always has medical students with him, which can get uncomfortable as a patient when you have an ongoing rapport and someone new is always standing there watching.

November 8th, 2010