Surgical Specialist, Plastic Surgery Specialist

3.0

Jan 7th, 2015

My experience was exceptional Dr stone explained the procedure he was going to do. I was very impressed . My face looks terrific .my family and friends were also impressed.

He refused to treat me because he wouldn't be paid enough. show details He refused to treat me because he wouldn't be paid enough.
Jun 9th, 2014

I injured my ankle on Friday, june 6. The clinic I went to called in Dr. Stone to stitch me up because the regular doctor felt it needed a plastic surgeon. The moment Dr. Stone walked in I got a strange feeling from him. He seemed unhinged, somehow. I wish I could be more specific. I just had a bad feeling. So he looked at my ankle and started discussing it with the other doctor as if I weren't there. This made me so uncomfortable I eventually said something to remind him that the flesh he was discussing belonged to a human being. Then he pulled out the instruments and was about to start suturing me. At this point I said " I suppose I should be responsible and ask about the financial ramifications of this procedure". I was concerned about this because he was a surgeon, not just a GP. So he asked me about my insurance, which is a Blue Shield Silver PPO. Then he asked if I got it through Covered California, which I did. Then he started RANTING! And he STOPPED treating me! He went on and on about 'California Coverage' and 'reimbursement at MediCal rates'. He really made no sense. Finally I said him " It sounds to me like you may refuse to treat me because you will not be adequately reimbursed". And he said "That's correct"! I was so shocked I said to him "This conversation is over". And it turns out he was wrong about my coverage, its the same plan I've had for over ten years. So then he left and refused to treat me. The rest of the staff were embarrassed. They had to wrap me up and send me to the emergency room. This guy was crazy. Stay away.