Dr. Richard Tai MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Union, NJ

2.9

September 16th, 2016
Excellent all across the board!
Both my daughters first time to the gyno and they made us feel very comfortable. Staff was friendly and courteous. Dr. Tai is professional and each appointment we had with him was minimal wait time. My daughter had non-invasive surgery which went very well. We were in and out very quickly.

September 6th, 2016
This was the worst doctor i ever saw i dont recommend anyone else to see him wrong diagnosis horrible attitude rude cold just a horrible experience

April 29th, 2016
Very RUDE!

April 20th, 2016
DO NOT GO HERE
DO NOT GO Would leave 0 stars if possible. Dr walked into the office 1hr and 18 mins after my appt time at which point there were 5 other patients waiting. My annual exam didn't include a breast exam, the internal exam was a joke - he never even pressed on my abdomem he only put his fingers inside me, and I don't think the pap was done correctly. I spent more time putting my shoes back on than I spent with the doctor. Currently disputing charges with my insurance so I can get proper exam.

September 8th, 2015
This man is a monster. He has some nerve calling himself a "Dr." He is only out for the money and does not care about his patients at all. He not only sends everyone on their way telling them they are OK, he does not do further testing when it is clearly needed, he does not follow up with patients after surgery, nor does he take the time to explain any options for treatment to them. DO NOT GO TO HIM!!!

April 17th, 2015
Dr. Tai is fantastic. I went to him for stomach and back pain due to menopause. He recommended ultrasound which was done right on the premises. & I got an instant diagnosis. I am now taking pain relief medication and feeling much better. I owe it to Dr Tai for an accurate diagnosis and I will be seeing him again very soon. I highly recommend this office and this doctor to anyone looking for an accurate examination and top-notch care.

August 28th, 2013
Great experience
Been going to Dr. Tai for years. Usually a short wait. His staff is very kind, and Dr. Tai's knowledge is above the rest. He is soft spoken, and answers all of your questions. Would recommend to anyone looking for accurate doctor.

June 23rd, 2013
My experience was horrible,he was rude and barely answered any of my questions.The staff seemed confused and kept calling me by a different name.I do not reccomend this doctor at all.

March 29th, 2013
The way he treated my daughter was unbelievable he was so heartless and nasty to her.As a mother I felt guilty for even bringing her there.I dont reccomend anyone to choose this doctor.He is so cold and miserable.

January 18th, 2011
I would never recommend Dr. Tai for OB to anyone!
The excellent wait time doesn't make up for the bad service of this doctor & his staff. I was always rushed out of the room for every appointment. I had to catch him with questions when he was half way out the door. This is my first time having a baby & he gave me no information what-so-ever except hcg levels in blood work because they were low at first. After they became normal, he gave me this same info, and ONLY this info, on my next visit AND the one after that, like he had forgotten to look at my last visit info in my chart. And this being my first baby, you'd think he'd give me important info like what foods to stay away from or not to touch kitty litter...AND I OWN A CAT! All the info I got was from my own internet research, friends & family, and magazines. I even got more info from the ultrasound tech across the street about how far I was into my pregnancy, which was not nearly as far as the doctor said. And Dr. Tai behaved like he was confused when I told him this info even with the report right in front of him!!! I was given several sample prenatal vitamins. No staff told me to look for side effects or which works well with me, so I just took all of them & thought some side effects I was experiencing was simply from pregnancy, like constipation, because they never gave me any info on pregnancy at all. I was told from a family member to use a vitamin with DHA & the staff gave me a hard time at the office when I asked for it because they had to look for the prewritten script. I told them it was the same sample they had given me before & they still acted like they didn't know what I was talking about or it would be too much of a nuisance to write a new one. It was finally filled & while taking it, I felt sick & extremely constipated & called the office for an extra vitamin script that contained stool softener (since I didn't know it was due to the prenatal vitamins). The nurse told me to stop taking the ones I'm currently on, so I asked for a recommendation & she didn't know what to tell me. She told me to ask my pharmacist because of my insurance. Not knowing any better, I did & they looked at me like I was insane & said the doctor needs to order it. The pharmacy got them on the phone & they proceeded to order a vitamin without DHA. I brought it back & then the office ordered the same vitamin that was making me sick! I had to have the pharmacist help me pick a new vitamin with DHA & this one has been fine...But I would think my doctor for my first baby should not be making me run in circles like this & give me some information about what it is like to be pregnant!!! For basic routine paps, an in & out visit is okay, I guess. But not for an OB visit. This being my first baby, I want a doctor that cares enough to tell me what I'm about to go through & important info to keep my baby and I healthy. No one at this office was ever extremely rude, & I never had to wait long for results, appointments, or during visits. However, I never felt comfortable asking questions & at times, they would make me feel like I was crazy when I did ask. This experience, though, has pushed me over the top. I would never recommend Dr. Tai to anyone!