Dr. Richard Taraska MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

July 17th, 2011
Dr. Taraska was one of the most courteous and professinal ER doctors with which I have encountered. I presented to the ER in severe pain. He immediately diagnosed me with appendicitis and treated my pain expeditiously. He was able to convince the surgeon to operate without waiting for further diagnostic testing as due to his excellent clinical skills, he was able to make the correct diagnosis. I was told by the surgeon that my appendix was on the verge of rupturing, and any further delays might have been disastrous. I have fully recovered, and am thankful that Dr. Taraska was on that day.

February 28th, 2009
**PLEASE READ** Dr. Taraska hurt our baby!!
Dr. Taraska should never be allowed to practice after what he did to our son!!! To make a very long story short my husband and I brought our baby to the ER one night because he pulled his G tube out of his stomach and Dr. Taraska was the doctor that we received in the peds ER. He was very arrogant and I didn't feel comfortable with him from the start but I wanted my son to get help so I went along. He tried putting my babies tube back in his stomach but he said that the hole closed up already so he put in a catheter. I requested that he took an x-ray because I wasn't confident that it was in correct. He said no its was fine but I refused to believe so. Eventually he took an x-ray and injected 50cc of contrast into my sons stomach and meanwhile my baby was screaming and in sever pain. He said it was fine and sent us home to return the next day for us to figure out what we need to do about our sons tube. The minute we got home we went right back to the hospital because we knew something was not right! When we got back Dr. Taraska was gone already and the new shift started. They looked at the x-rays that were take 2 hours before and they said that he read them wrong and the tube was incorrect. Meaning everything he injected in him didn't go into his stomach it went outside of the stomach around his organs and that caused our baby to get emergency surgery at 2AM!!!! Because of what Dr. Taraska did they hospital implemented a new policy so they will not have this accident ever happen again!