Richard Thorpe III Is this you?

3.9

Caring and Intelligent ER physician

Posted on February 24th, 2015

He is very knowledgeable, caring and professional. I would trust him with my life going in to the ER.

ER Visit - Brown Recluse Spider Bite

Posted on February 10th, 2013

Dr. Thorpe was the doctor on-site at the Big Bend Med Center one Sunday last spring. I had received a spider bite in Bandera, Texas before traveling to Alpine on Friday. By Saturday night, with OTC medicines, the bite was not getting better. On Sunday I went to the ER as the bite was pitting, blistering, and oozing with red streaks. Dr. Thorpe identified the bite as Classic Brown Recluse and promptly gave me an injection and strong prescription of anitbiotics and other instructions. I have chronic lymphocytic leukemia and tend to overreact to bites. He didn't mess around. He may have saved my life.

Posted on December 17th, 2015