Dr. Richard Toy MD Patient Reviews

October 13th, 2010
Absolutely Horrible Providence Portland Emergency Department Dr. Toy
Worst ER ever Visit Ever. Dr. Toy discharged me without conducting any tests, nor did he treat me. He discharged me knowing full well I was in severe pain that was felt all the way from my gallbladder up into my brain, and that I was also severely nauseated, and vomiting, symptoms known to cause dehydration, all evidenced by an elevated blood pressure fever and chills. After being diagnosed with acute Cholecystitis, (easy to read) on a previous ER visit just days prior, and with difficulty getting in for surgery because of a loophole where my insurance was requiring me to establish a new PCP before the surgery could be scheduled. I should have minimally Dr. Toy should have treated my symptoms and possibly done another ultra sound to verify that in fact that my bile duct was not obstructed. Minimally an treating me with an IV and re-hydration, pain medication, and anti nausea medication, so that I could have some relief from the pain long enough for me to get hydrated so I could get something down in my stomach until I could see my new PCP to refer me for the surgery. Dr. Toy was not compassionate, and his bedside manner did not reflect the Providence Core Values or Mission Statement.

January 15th, 2009
Excellent Caring Physician
Dr. Toy is an excellent doctor, who cares about the people he sees. I am grateful for his kindness and compassion.

Health Guides