Dr. Richard Unger Jr Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Richard Unger Jr?

Good Dr.

Posted on April 18th, 2017

The patient with all the complaints scared me...as I too am asked to look into his expensive treatments, MS was a consideration of my symptoms (although now not a concern), and yes, the office staff not the friendliest at times...but I think they are overwhelmed with so many patients angry with the long waits...and appointments no available for months. Are they over-booking or taking on too many patients? But as we are still working through my issues, overall, Dr. Unger is friendly and thougheral, and I think does various testing trying to find answers....not about the money!

Horrible Physician - limp, crawl, run away

Posted on September 30th, 2016

This doctor will run every test available, push for you to try his radiant heat probe to help ease back pain at $250/treatment, never discuss a definitive diagnosis or treatment plan, suggest that he continue testing for MS, delay evaluation of tests for months, only to finally call and refer you to an oncologist for possible cancer, I could go on and on. If you need a good neurologist - head to Boston!

Exceptional Doctor

Posted on July 13th, 2016

Exceptional doctor. Well versed in his field of practice. Always looking for the best method of treatment.

LONG office visit wait time and DISCOURTEOUS staff

Posted on June 29th, 2016

For all my previous visits I have liked the Dr. very much (courteous, professional, and knowledgeable). This review is NOT about the Dr., but my last office visit's LONG wait time and inconsiderate and rude staff/office manager. I left work (staff meeting with customer early) 3:15 (missing pay) for a 3:45 appt. I was 10 minutes early. My time is VERY valuable too! No one ever called me or said they were running behind or late or how long it would be. I waited to 4:00, 4:15 then 4:30. At 4:45 I walked up to the receptionist counter to notify them I had a 6:00 apt. I had to be at and would have to re-schedule. VERY gruff response "was I was going in right now!" I said no I couldn't and the arguing ensued about how inconsiderate it was to make me wait all that time without keeping me informed as to how much longer it would be. She claimed she told me they were running behind but never heard that from her and certainly she never said anything about an HOUR LATE. NEVER once let me know about how much longer it would be or what was going on or when I was to go in. Regardless......She said I would be billed anyway and I chuckled and said that was fine and would not pay it anyway, like I was already billed for a smoking cessation treatment that I NEVER had! (Fraudulent billing)! Patients WATCH YOUR BILLS! I WILL let my insurance carrier know! Bottom line is they should try to accommodate the customer/patient and NOT be the generals of the office that can do or say no wrong. Sad, the Dr. needs to know what's going on out front so I will let him know about my experience or it won't ever change. I am considering send a bill to their office for the 2 hours of my life I wasted!

Posted on June 15th, 2016

Never had a problem. I think he is a good doctor, good reputation.

never again!

Posted on August 17th, 2015

I found the staff discourteous and Dr. Unger absent minded with a poor bedside manner. His office also charged me $100.00 for a no-show appointment even though I cancelled several days prior. Unfortunately, I had no recourse but to pay it. I will never see him again very dissatisfied all the way around!!

Posted on August 7th, 2015

he is awesome . a wonderful dr,,

Great Doc!

Posted on February 16th, 2015

Dr. Unger and staff are awesome. Highly Recommend. Very understanding.

Mrs.

Posted on May 23rd, 2014

I love Dr Unger and have never had anything but polite treatment from his entire staff. Dr. Unger takes all the time I need to answer all my questions. He has a compassionate, yet direct approach, and I feel completely confident in him as my doctor. His staff has always gotten back to me when I called the office with questions, and have always been quick to assist me when I needed help with anything. I would recommend this doctor to a friend.

Dr. Unger is a superior Neurologist

Posted on June 17th, 2013

Smart- articulate. Mush better than the Neurologist My Mother sees in her new home. IF you can get an appointment you are going to see a great Neurologist who cares about his patients.

The Best Ever!!

Posted on November 17th, 2011

I can't begin to say how wonderful Dr Unger is!! Not only does he know his stuff, he is the most kind and understanding and caring doctor I have ever met! That is why he has so many paitents that love him! I have never once felt rushed or pushed out of my appointment, even if he is running behind. He gives EVERYONE his full attention, even if somethings I discussed are not neurologic. He even called my primary to tell him I was having issues with my blood pressure medication! His staff is the most caring I have ever seen. They actually remembered my name and greeted me warmly and with respect!! If you have any neurological problems he is the ONLY one to see!! Thank God Melbourne has such a wonderful and smart Neurologist!!

Posted on November 15th, 2011

I can't explain how unhappy I have been with Dr. Unger and his staff.