Richard Benya MD Patient Reviews

• 1 review

Showing 1 - 1 review

April 7th, 2013
Zero Bedside Manner
Had a colonoscopy and endoscopy. 2 minute visit prior to procedure to explain risks and sign off. Wheeled into procedure room where doc was leaning against cabinets, in street clothes, waiting on nurse to get me prepped. Upon waking in recovery, nurse states you have an ulcer, hands me a single sheet of after care instructions, a prescription and instructs me to make an appt for another endoscopy in 8 weeks. No visit from doc to tell me what he did and why a second procedure. I was so out of it, they should have had my husband in the room. Paper states biopsies taken during both procedures. In fact, polyps were also removed one at the very site of my pain. I learned this from the ER Dr on call. So, I End up in ER with severe isolated pain. Er visit is another failure in care. Dr Benya was on site but did not see me. X-rays taken showed no perforation and Er doc says dr benya is not concerned and I can go home. I left in severe pain, no real explanation and no advice, painkillers or anything. He may very well be the best in the business but I am canceling my appointments and finding a new doc. A complete lack of professionalism and empathy.