Dr. Richard Villarreal MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.7

October 5th, 2012
Most compassionate doctor I've ever had
Dr. Villareal helped me get through a very difficult transition from my long-term ob/gyn to his practice. He is supportive, knowledgeable and compassionate. He provides alternatives and suggestions to help me make the best choice for myself. I recommend him to everyone that asks!

June 19th, 2012
Love the new office and do glad he is not at Adena any longer....the best doc out there!

June 6th, 2012
He is an amazing doctor and I would recommend him to everyone. I am so glad that he is no longer with Adena and I no longer have to deal with that mess of a hospital.

April 12th, 2012
Dr. Villarreal is the BEST Ob/gyn I've ever dealt with. His bedside manner exceeded my expectations during my pregnancy, labor and delivery. His office staff are polite and professional and also maintain an excellent bedside manner. I am very pleased with my experience there and will continue to go there in the future.

October 13th, 2011
Genuine and Caring Bedside Manner
Dr.Richard Villarreal is just the best! Made me feel so comfortable for my annual PAP. He is so sweet,professional,and it's evident that he chooses good people for his staff,as well,because they were very nice too! The new office looks wonderful! Lots of nice photography ,warm environment. IF you are looking for an AWESOME OB/GYN that will genuinely care about you and your needs,I recommend Dr.Villarreal. :)

June 27th, 2011
love him!
Dr. Villarreal is at a new practice so some of the scheduling & wait issues from adena have been fixed. Its called premier womens health & is on 23 by Blackwater rd. 740-642-4400. I waited no more than 10 min & he spend at least 20 min with me. I switched to him after my son was born. I had had a female dr that was not so personable or caring. Dr. Villarreal always takes time to answer all my questions & concerns. He gives pregnant patients his cell # & will work you into his schedule the same day you have a problem. The unfortunate thing now that he is not at adena is that he delivers at Mt Carmel in Columbus. But I find that he's worth it. I wouldn't go to anyone else. He helped my sister who has an ovarian cyst- now gone. He saved my sister in laws life- how nearly bled to death after her delivery. Her dr had no idea she had a complication. If it wasn't for dr. V, she could have died. I love him as a dr.

May 11th, 2011
Help
I called the office to schedule an appointment with Dr Villarreal and was told he was no longer there. A friend told me he was opening a new practice....does anyone have this new information (phone & address)

May 2nd, 2011
Excellent Doctor!!
I have been a patient of Dr. Villarreal's for several years. I have never waited in his waiting room for very long. He is one of the most caring doctors I have EVER been to. I have never felt rushed and he always addressed every single issue and question I had.

January 26th, 2011
professional dr & a sweet person, but little time to spend on you after your long wait
i have seen this dr. for about 10 years, thru lots of problems and surgeries, pregnancies & deliveries. i really love him, but the wait time is always long, sometimes they will even re-schedule b/c he's so far behind...i learned that he doesn't really LISTEN to what you're concerned about, he will shrug you off very quickly if HE doefsn't feel it's worth talking about, i did not like that!! After i had my last baby and went back for my annual...waited 2 1/2 hours for him and he was in my room for no more than 5 minutes!!!!!!! i know i deserved more than 5 minutes of his time!! it broke my heart to change dr.s but i scheduled a visit with a different obgyn in a different practice. i went & talked to her (b/c dr. v alraedy did my pap test) we talked about my concerns that dr. v didn't have time for...i opened my mouth as he rushed out the door and that wasn't right. He does an extremely poor breast exam too..he pretty much just pushes a few times and asks you if you do them. one year, he forgot that part completely!! now i'm older and i really think that's important as the mammogram that my new dr. scheduled for me and some bloodwork as well that turned out was very important for me to have. He's a good dr. but they need to schedule to give him more time, and schedule his annuals when he's not on call or somehthing. i wouldnt' recommend going to that practice as a new patient to anyone.

January 23rd, 2009
love him!
he is by far the best ob-gyn i have ever had - and i've been through plenty