Pathologist, Addiction Medicine Specialist, Pediatric / Adolescent Psychiatrist, Neurologist (brain, nervous system), Psychiatrists

The Philadelphian
2401 Pennsylvania Ave
Ste 1A7
Philadelphia, PA 19130
215-232-3003
Locations and availability (2)

1.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  OMG  |  show details
Jan 2nd, 2014

Wow, this appointment was something I have never experienced before. I went to him for an exam the VA set up. He was 45 minutes late, I was the only one in the office. His office is dingy and cluttered and smells, I good cleaning and painting would help as well as brighter lights, I is dim and dreary. His personal office looks like a tornado went through it. He is very nice but seems scattered, he answers the phone throughout the appointment which is very unprofessional, he has a receptionist that could do that for him. I was glad when the appointment was over and I hope he filled out the evaluation correctly,

|  This guy is a scam artist and a jerk, and that's saying it nicely.  |  show details
Apr 2nd, 2012

Going to totally agree with the reviews below. This guy is a scam artist. Right as we began talking this jerk's cell phone rings and he picks it up. Telling his wife he would be home late or something? Fine, no big deal. But it's his daughter's agent (I guess she's a professional tennis player or something, whoopee) and he ends up talking for 5 minutes on and on about some BS. Finally, I throw my hands up and say, "Excuse me!" and he tells the guy on the phone, "I'm sorry I have to go I have a patient"--and of course he goes on talking for another couple of minutes. Seriously, dude, are you out of your mind. I should have walked out, but it was my first time with a psychiatrist and I wanted to give it a shot. So we talk for about 3 minutes, he doesn't listen to a thing I say and then sends me out the door with two different prescriptions for some heavy meds--and I've never taken any type of Rx before. Seriously this guy is a major P.O.S. Like the folks below said, he books everyone on top of each other and sees each patient for about 10-15 mins after you wait for 45 mins to an hour. Drug mules like him are the reason the field has a bad reputation.

|  What if was you or someone that you loved?  |  show details
Jul 27th, 2011

I definetly don't feel that Dr. Cohen takes the time out to get to know his patients and that he may wrongly diagnose someone if he does not have any backround on the patient. Bottom line you just don't prescribe medication without first trying to find out what happened to the person in the first place to where they had to end up seeing a psychiatrist.