Dr. Richard Kim Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Richard Kim?

Saved my life !

Posted on September 7th, 2016

Dr. Kim was the ONLY doctor out of 5 others that actually listened to my concerns, and was brilliant in his diagnosis. I had come to him with my issues, gave him my thoughts of what I thought it was, he listened and didn't pass me off as crazy, and we were both correct ! It has been a tough recovery, but he is so caring and sincere, I am very grateful for him. We are both in this for the long run and I am comforted to know he is there.

Posted on June 26th, 2016

Outstanding doctor. Took time to explain options & plan of action for a successful recovery.

Richard Kim is a great surgeon!

Posted on June 23rd, 2016

He's an amazingly good surgeon! That's really all that matters when it's surgery, but he was also great in all other regards!

Don't be afraid of back surgery.

Posted on April 19th, 2016

While I waited for weeks to be seen by neurologists who didn't diagnose me correctly, Dr. Kim figured it out. Surgery was so successful, that I went back when the next disc failed. The latter was repaired before the others even got me into their office. That was almost 10 years ago, and I still surf, ski and sail regularly. Spectacular outcome.

Posted on April 8th, 2015

Dr Kim is a great Dr and Surgeon! So glad I went with him.

MD

Posted on January 29th, 2015

He and his office staff were great. He takes almost all insurances. He has great training and great experience. I am a doctor so I know more than most how good a doctor he is. He is very kind and honorable as well as a gifted surgeon.

Thank you so much Dr Kim!!

Posted on May 16th, 2014

Dr. Kim is a 10 out of 10!!!!! I was having bad back pain and it was getting worse day by day. I had my L4 & L5 fusion by Dr Kim and feel 100% better. I have my life back and I can not thank the team Dr Kim used to help me from day 1 until now enough!!! Thank you all so much! I now have "NO" pain and am back to doing everything I used to do. I am still very careful since its only been 6 months post op but back to working out running and holding my 6 year old son. Thank you Dr Kim!!!!!!

Don G

Posted on April 11th, 2014

I waited for him for 40 minutes and he spoke to me for only 5 minutes. Didn't even show me my MRI. He is very vague in answering questions, will not explain in detail "why" I need surgery, very emotionless and arrogant. Trust me, you can find a much better doctor elsewhere.

Couldn't ask for a better experience!

Posted on May 12th, 2013

First, let me say that I am SHOCKED that there are any bad reviews about Dr. Kim and his staff?! I have had nothing but a PERFECT experience all around. I consulted with Dr. Kim about severe degenerative disc disease (L4-L5 & L5-S1). He recommended a minimally-invasive two-level spinal fusion. He described everything in detail and answered ALL of my questions. Never tried to rush me out. I was totally sold. Then I had a slight problem with my insurance company. Jane (surgery scheduler) and Elia (Nurse Practitioner?) worked every day to get the surgery approved. Kept me in the loop the whole time. And it was approved! I had a my two-level lumbar fusion 2 weeks ago and couldn't be happier! My stay at Hoag was short but fabulous. I could've gone home the day after my surgery but decided to stay one more night...so I went home 2 days after my surgery. I was continuously checked on by Dr. Kim, Elia and Dr. Kim's partner. I had my first follow-up appointment yesterday and saw both Elia and Dr. Kim. All of my questions were answered and I will continue to see them for a few more months. My recovery is going great...I was able to walk a few laps around the hospital the day after my surgery. I can walk up to a mile now (but still get really tired). I am very optimistic about my surgery and recovery...and I think I'm well on my way to getting my life back! Thank you Dr. Kim and staff! I really couldn't have asked for a better experience!

Great Dr and Great Staff

Posted on September 13th, 2012

This entire practice is exceptional, from Dr Kim to his nurse practitioner as well as the entire office staff!!!

His NP is Really the Real Nurse Ratchett

Posted on August 25th, 2012

I was diagnosed with a spinal epenymoma. Dr. Kim informed me that there was a 3-5% chance of some hamstring weakness, and this was all he told me pre-surgery. I had the surgery done at Hiag and stayed in the hospital 4 days. He saw me once right after surgery and told me by the way he had to sacrifice a nerve. He told me I had lost sensation in my left nerve and calf but, Don't worry. You may even get some of it back." I was terrified. He never warned me I would need to self catheterize, need to use a walker, and lose all of my sexual feeling following surgery. Three months post-op, luckily I am walking again--but not much else has improved. Dr. Kim was not present on my discharge date and had no idea his staff discharged me to a nursing home where I ran the risk of incurring a staff infection. He leaves all his follow up care to his NP who is conceited, totally devoid of compassion and just plain mean. I was in terrible pain today and called for a scrip refill. Dr. Kim's staff told me his office is closed Friday, so they would page his NP. When she called me to ask what was wrong, she yelled at me for having her paged on her day off. I tried to explain that her staff told me they had to page her. It's not my fault they don't know to call the on call Dr. Dr. Kim is a great surgeon, and he is very sweet. However, I was appalled by my lack of post-op care and his NP.

Posted on May 5th, 2012

I am very satisfied with my childs care.