A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Richard Light:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Light
Home Allergies Patient Education Learn all about home allergies and symptoms of mold, pet, dust and other types of indoor allergy issues with Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Light Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Richard Light, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Pulmonary Disease.
- He has special expertise in 17 areas:
- Adult Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS)
- Bacterial Pneumonia
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Lung Cancer
- Lung Cancer (Malignant Pleural Effusion)
- Lung Diseases (Pleural Diseases)
- Obstructive Lung Diseases
- Pleural Empyema
- Pleural Tuberculosis
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Pulmonary Tuberculosis
- Sleep Apnea (Sleep Apnea Syndromes)
Education & Awards
Dr. Light graduated from Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore. He has 7 awards.
Dr. Light has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Vanderbilt University Hospital
- St Thomas Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Richard Wayne Light MD is a male Internist, has 43 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Pulmonary Disease.
- Where does Dr. Richard W. Light practice?
- Dr. Richard Light has 2 office locations.
Dr. Richard Light practices Internal Medicine and Pulmonary Disease near Nashville, TN.
See Nashville Internists and Nashville Pulmonologists.