A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Richard Murphy:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Richard Murphy is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Richard Murphy, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Spine Surgery
Education & Awards
Dr. Murphy graduated from Mercer University, Macon.
Dr. Murphy has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Early Memorial Hospital
- John D Archbold Memorial Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Murphy accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Medical Mutual of Ohio - 8 plans
- Unicare - 5 plans
- Peach State Health Plan - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia - 18 plans
- Anthem - 18 plans
- Aetna - 2 plans