Dr. Richard Nielsen MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.7

April 16th, 2015
Incompetent, to put it nicely
I was referred to Dr. Neilson's office by my regular physician, who was very concerned about pain in my throat for 6 weeks followed by 4 days of hoarseness, and occasional total loss, of my voice. She requested that they get me in as soon as possible to look in my larynx with a scope. Prior to entering the exam room, I heard Dr. Nielson make disparaging remarks about my insurance coverage, and assert that I probably had a virus. Once in the exam room, the chair was broken; the scope was dirty; he proceeded to clean it off with a facial tissue! Because the chair wouldn't recline, he attempted to force the scope into my nose while I was upright. The second attempt was so painful, I pulled the scope out reflexively. I asked for more numbing spray so we could proceed and he said, "No. Some people just can't handle this." He then diagnosed me with "probably a virus". As I was walking out the door, he laughed and exclaimed, "Now I know why you're on __________!" referencing my anxiety medication. The nurse, who witnessed bits of this, and the office assistant were mortified. The office manager gave me a full refund. Wonderful staff; terrible doctor.

March 15th, 2012
This Dr. can't help you.
Don't waste your time or money on Dr. Richard Nielsen; he can't help you. If I had known up front that he was ex-military, I never would have scheduled him. He patted himself on the back for getting my sinuses open; great, but none of my symptoms have been addressed! He had no answers for me and he will have none for you. Find another ENT.

September 13th, 2010
Worst visit every experienced
After leaving my ENT consultation, I was crying my eyes out because of the way I was treated. I work at a hospital and deal with MDs on a daily basis, but have never encountered a bedside manner like Dr. Nielsen's. He was very rough with me during the exam, did not explain anything he was doing, did not let me even explain my sxs/hx, and did not fully answer any of my questions. His responses were very condescending. I have never been treated this poorly in a Dr.s office or in my daily life. I would like to spare others from this horrible experience. Please choose another ENT.