Dr. Richard Wellman MD Patient Reviews

September 29th, 2015
He is wonderful!
Always on time! Always friendly and he makes me feel at ease. He is great!

December 18th, 2014
Dr. Wellman always goes the extra mile. He knows his "stuff" and I continue to trust him with my life - he's that good

January 11th, 2014
I would not refer this doctor. He talked a lot and at first i thought he was engaging, but really he didn't really listen to me. Also during my delivery, after hours in labor, fever we finally decided on a c section. He didn't listen to me when i said i still feel everything and started cutting, i felt everything and had to be put under general.

August 7th, 2012
Never again
I had an emergency ovarian cyst removed along with appendix, two surgeons. Dr. Wellman was one. I have chronic migraines that my GP and I have been managing quite well for several years, but it involves narcotic pain medicine. I follow all the directions about what I'm supposed to do, but in the follow up appts after my surgery, he locked onto the narcotic use and refused to answer my questions about post op pain, even said laughingly, he'd blame it on the other surgeon since he wasn't present. I've had quite serious pain for the last several days, nearly a week now, but he didn't even examine me, just told me how he was saving my life. He went so far as to call my GP to tell him he didn't know what he was doing Rx'ing me and he'd better stop. Now I'm left with not only post op pain and the fear that something is wrong, but the stress of wondering if my GP is still going to be willing to treat my migraines. Arrogant, condescending and uncaring. I left in tears.

June 5th, 2012
Worst experience with this doctor
I had worst experience with this doctor. They are here just to make money. They least care about patients. They refused me to see in emergency because i had some outstanding balance. Very Poor.. Dont visit this doctor.

April 19th, 2012
Amazing
He was a great help both professionally and personally to my wife and I. His bedside manner and demeanor made a wonderful experience even that much better!!

September 24th, 2011
Wonderful doctor. Spends a lot of time with you and loves to answer any questions you have. He personally called my to tell me my test results came back fine. Amazing that he would take the time to call his patients for a normal lab result, but that's how he is. He also personally walked me over to the hospital to show me where to go to have contraction times checked. I told him I could probably find it myself, but he insisted. Not to mention, he stayed at the hospital all night and kept checking on me during labor, and ended up doing my C-section in the morning. He is the most caring and kind doctor I have ever encountered. I would recommend him to anyone!

August 8th, 2011
AWESOME doctor
This guy is top notch. Totally makes you feel comfortable. Thoroughly tests for anything that seems "off" and doesn't jump to conclusions. Spends TONS of time in the room with you. Sings happy birthday to the babies when they are born. Staff in office are great, too. There really isn't a better OB around!

September 23rd, 2009
I have moved away from the Bloomington area and am trying to get my husband to just let me drive down to continue seeing Dr Wellman. He is just fantastic. Always made me feel at ease, while pregnant with both my girls. Was just wonderful with my c-sections in both cases and with follow up treatment! A friend of mine recommended him to me almost nine years ago, and I would do the same to anyone....and have anytime anyone would ask. I miss him very much