Dr. Richard Wilmot MD Patient Reviews

• Rheumatology Albany, NY

• Good
  • Bad

September 9th, 2015
Dr. Wilmot is way ahead of his colleagues in diagnosis.

June 2nd, 2015
A Great Doctor !
He is one of the best doctors I have ever seen. He was so thorough and attentive (along with is staff), that I wondered how he could afford to give me & my condition so much attention. He really got to the bottom of what was going on with my health vs. seeing me & my condition in a "cookie-cutter" manner.

January 27th, 2015
DR. Wilmot is Great
Dr. Wilmot is a very caring and knowledgeable Doctor. He will find a way to help you manage your pain. his bedside manner and sense of humor is unsurpassed.

October 3rd, 2014
Great Doctor
Dr Wilmot has consistently been helpful. One of the few doctors who puts forth serious effort to help an individual resolve and/or manage their disease. Instead of just punching a clock and going through the motions (as any good robot could do), he spends time with patient, has enjoyable manner, and does additional research when needed.

October 8th, 2013
Best Doctor Ever
Dr. Wilmot and his staff are amazing. Here is an office where you get people who know who you are when you come. Dr. Wilmot always listens and explains what is going on with me. He never spends his time on a computer during the visit - that's done by the nurse chaperone - so you get his complete attention to your problem. At the end of every visit I know what his plan is for me and I really feel I'm in collaboration with him about my medical issues. Great doctor!

September 18th, 2013
Great office 99.9% of time!
I love this office, I have been going here for over 5+years and Joanne and Ronnie have always been so good to me. They have helped me with insurance issues, needing ASAP appts, etc.i have only had a few small issues over the years. Every once and awhile I have called and asked for callback and its been a day or so and then I have called again, but that's to be expected in a busy office and mistakes happen we r humans after all. The only major issue I have had is that during some periods of my fibro flaring I haven't gotten the assistance I needed and sometimes I have felt so crummy I have gone to hospital because I didn't sleep for 2 days straight from being in pain constantly and I've called and asked for help and have been told to deal with it several times, if i cld make myself well i would believe me no one wantstofeel useless. Great office just needs to be more attentive to patients during flares when we need it the most!!

June 22nd, 2013
Great Doctor
Dr. Wilmot has been a wonderful and compassionate doctor. For years doctors have passed off my problems as nothing and ignored them. No doctor could give me answers which besides the pain was the hardest part for me to deal with. From the very first visit Dr. Wilmot sat listen and explained so much more to me then any other doctor has in years of searching for answers. I walked out my first visit with a lot more confidence in finally getting answers and somewhere as well as relief that finally someone will listen. Since Dr. Wilmot has worked hard with me through a lot to try to help me and has in so many ways! It's rare to find a doctor who actually listens like him. His staff has also always been kind and helpful to me every visit or call I make!!!

April 19th, 2013
Brilliant doctor

January 20th, 2013
Patient - former nurse
Dr. Wilmot is the only dr who has given me relief from my debilitating joint pain. Thyroid treatment has increased my energy level as well as decrease my flare ups. It was determined I was allergic to milk products & I saw the decrease in my joint pain as I eliminated these products. He has been managing my fibromyalgia, chronic tendonitis & thyroid levels for over a year now & I won't go to anyone else. He, himself is a sweet man, very polite & accommodating. His staff is very friendly as well, the atmosphere of the office is very relaxing & welcoming. He is very skilled in his injections & very knowledgeable about fibromyalgia. His compassion amazes me as it is such a rarity. He never makes me feel rushed & will spend as much time with me as needed. He has a good sense of humor & I always feel comfortable in his presence. Once I brought my 5 yr old daughter & he asked her if she wanted to help put the band aid on mommy after my injection. She was so excited & he was so patient with her. I always have a good experience when I go & always leave feeling there is hope for me who has suffered for many yrs. He's a great guy & because he thinks outside the medical box he has helped a lot of people! Thanks Dr. Wilmot!!!

August 5th, 2012
The best of the best!
Dr. Wilmot has been nothing but wonderful! After suffering through a year and a half with an unknown condition, I thought I was loosing my mind! After one visit to his office I was feeling better and my pain was decreased by 1/3 of the orginal amount. He helped developed a treatment plan that was right for me, everytime I leave his practice I feel relaxed, and lucky to have found such a wonderful docter!

April 29th, 2012
Wonderful office staff/wonderful NP/ wonderful doctor
I have a very complex case which involves severe nerve damage which has led to muscle pain quite severe. My first call to the practice, Mrs. Wilmot, Joanne,was wonderful and helpful in getting me in to an appointment. I have had this disability for 7 years, and for the FIRST time in the 7 years I can honestly say, my pain level (which with my disease is rated 52% higher than cancer pain) is under control, but, best of all, I am now slowly beginning to be able to function in life. I am so grateful for this practice and the Doctor's willingness to take on "difficult" cases that sometimes need treatment "out of the box". I would also like to add that their are a large amount of people drug seeking and would venture to guess they were the disgruntled patients.

March 8th, 2012
A very caring doctor who "gets it!"
After 10+ years of not getting help, Dr. Wilmot is a God-send. He actually listened to me. He is up to date on the latest techniques and totally thinks outside the box. I am thrilled to have found him and have recommended him to friends.