Dr. Richard Winer MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.8

October 16th, 2016
Bad Doctor
Dr. Winer is a bad physiatrist. He way over prescribed medication for me. I became addicted to klonopon and it ruined my life. He pushes drugs right and left. I had to go to detox to withdraw from the medication and almost died. Also my 31 year old daughter has been a victim of Dr. Winer. He has prescribed Zanex Klonopon and Prozac for her and has her totally screwed up. He should not be practicing Medicine. He cannot not be trusted.

December 25th, 2015
Where is Dr. Winer?
He has totally disappeared from his office, the answering machine now just rings, no answer. I really needed a refill, it caused me much anxiety, I had just had open heart surgery and was nervous and having panic attacks, his no contact, made them worse.

May 19th, 2015
Seems these reviews back my concerns
I have been going to this doctor for some time now. Reading the reviews reassures me that I am not alone. When it is time for me to set up another appointment, he is very prompt in getting back to me. However, when it is time for me to call in a script to be filled, I can and have waited for a long time on multiple occasions. I have had to call him to remind him to call the pharmacy after already having verbal confirmation that he will call it in. He has tried putting me on ADD/ADHD medication on several occasions though I am not being treated for this issue. His price for a visit is extremely high and has been increasing, though I always end up waiting for him for up to an hour. It seems he is getting worse with his lack of response and I am seriously considering changing doctors.

February 28th, 2014
He should have license revoked.
For 3 months I was very sick wirh stomach pain, neasua and vomiting. I asked him over and over if it could be the medicine he prescribed. He denied the medication could be the cause and was very resistant to stopping the medicine. Finally, I got the Physicians Prescribing Information from drug manufacture. The waring about the drug causing my stomach condition was on the very first page.

June 17th, 2013
My Experience
I notice from remarks left by other patients, that they have shared some of my experiences. I was in a major full blown crisis and (for days) "my" phone calls," those of my family doctor", or "my family" were not returned by Dr. Winer. It had happened at other times but it was time to "move on" a suggestion my family doctor had made numerous times. You cannot depend on him. Happy with my change.

September 17th, 2012
Dropped the ball
Can't recommend him, as he completely dropped the ball with my son. It was time to refill his low dosage Rx for ADD meds, but the doctor didn't return my son's call...who is out of state at college. I called to follow up and remind him we needed the prescription refilled. He apologized and assured me that he'd call my son and send in the Rx. He never did it. My son ended up going "cold turkey" on the Rx, which the doctor had said should never be done. But...what do you do when the doctor doesn't rewrite the Rx? My son is fine, but it was a totally disappointing experience with the doctor. We always prepaid for services, so we don't know why this happened. We never heard from the doctor or his staff again..zero follow up.

July 1st, 2010
Get ready to wait for 30 min to an hour
he is very nice, but wants everyone to be on ADD meds. I hope you like sitting in a crowded waiting room because you will be doing a lot of it