Overall Review

February 9th, 2015
Forever grateful
Dr. Winn put me at ease the moment I met him. He chatted with me for over an hour if not two about everything about my life. Little did I realize he was ascertaining vital medical insight. He made me feel like I was his only patient which I later realized was his way of giving me the utmost confidence that I was in good hands. On day of surgery as Dr. Winn's students moved me to the operating table they commented amongst themselves of my unusual calm as I joked with the staff of doctors and they were certain I must already have been given "something". As I could hear them speaking I answered "no I wasn't given anything yet, I just know I am in really good hands". And a testament to Dr. Winn's great work was evident to me the very second they rolled me out of surgery to remove a cyst extremely close to the optic nerve and I opened my eyes for the first time. He had forewarned me that it was uncertain whether the eyesight I had already lost could be restored however he would do his best to save what I had left. Still groggy and blurry from surgery I knew Dr. Winn had not only saved what I had left but had also fully restored my eyesight. Dr. Winn has my undying respect and admiration. I am forever grateful for Dr. Winn.

June 30th, 2013
Amazing Doctor
Dr. Winn was the most you could ever want in a Neurosurgeon. I am from Spokane Wash. and in 2000 Dr Winn was called on to perform my surgery. I flew to The University of Washington Harborview to have him perform the surgery. The doctors in Spokane would not touch my case as it was the largest Mangioma that they had ever seen.11.5 cm. they called on him and 3 days later I was in surgery. He was is an excellent doctor with the best bedside manner of any doctor I have ever met. I have been without any ill effect since my surgery. I thank you Dr.Winn.

March 4th, 2013
The Very Best Neurological Surgeon
I was fortunate to be able to have an appointment with Dr. Winn. Dr.'s in my home town said I needed a hip replacement. Dr. saw me walk and said I needed back surgery, the first of several. I felt Dr. Winn had given me back my life. I need another surgery and would be so happy if Dr. was still in Seattle. I am wondering if Dr. would recommend a Dr. for me to consult with. Someone who is as caring as he.

June 20th, 2012
Absolutely THE best
Dr. Winn gets an A+ in every area. His level of expertise and caring are unmatched.While there are no guarantees, his surgery of my large, unruptured aneurysm was more than successful...there was no rehab. I underwent a week of baseline tests before he operated. He's one of the very few hands-on doctors who not only performs the surgery (or keenly oversees his students),but cares deeply about his patients.A subsequent operation on a small aneurysm on the right pica was performed rapidly with litte care or baseline tests. I was in the hospital for three days before they realized I'd had a stroke. The last 8 years have been difficult.Wish Dr. Winn was still on the west coast. The east coast is blessed. ;)

November 15th, 2010
Dr.Winn was my daughters physician several years ago at University of Washington in Seatle. My daughter was sent to him because of an AVM, at the age of 10. Our family is from Il.so this ment we had to travel to Seatle, Dr.Winn's staff made all of the arangements for our stay,this made a scary situation much easier to deal with. After many tests Dr. Winn felt it was better to wait a few years befor trying to remove the AVM, when it was time to go back again his staff once again arrainged for our stay at a nice appartment complex. I found Dr.Winn to be a very caring person, he did not take any unnessessary chances with my daughters life. Dr. Winn had the best sergery team available at that time. Still to this day they have not been able to do anything with my daughters AVM,when they feel that they can try again we will try to see Dr. Winn Wherever he is practicing.