A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Richard Wixson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Richard Wixson is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Wixson
Rheumatoid Arthritis Patient Education Learn all about RA and various treatments and medications with Vitals rhuematoid arthritis patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Wixson Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Richard Wixson, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Prosthesis Failure
- Surgical Blood Loss
Education & Awards
Dr. Wixson graduated from University of Wisconsin at Madison. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Wixson has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Skokie Hospital
- Evanston Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Richard Lynn Wixson MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 40 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Richard L. Wixson practice?
- Dr. Richard Wixson has 1 office location.
Dr. Richard Wixson practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Chicago, IL.
See Chicago Surgeons.