Dr. Richard Wixson MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Chicago, IL

April 5th, 2015
Dr. Wixson is no longer capable of performing hip replacements.
Dr Wixson did 3 hip replacement on the right side. He did not diagnose the second replacement was not right after three years of mr reporting pain to him. Finally, after I could Bo longer walk without pain, he paid attention. He did the third replacement, after which he told me that there was no bone growth into the cup, ever, for three years. Hence, the reason for my pain during that time. He then told me the reason this had happened was that he had not seated the cup correctly. He further said that x-Rays are not able to pick up these problems,AND maybe HE HAD DRUNK TOO MUCH THE NIGHT BEFORE,OR MAYBE HE HAD HAD A FIGHT WITH HIS WIFE RHE NIGHT BEFORE!!!! Then he left the room. That was the last I heard from him. My husband was there listening to all this. In my opinion, he is getting old and not able to perform correctly.

May 7th, 2012
He changed my life!
Dr. Wixson is fantastic! he did my double knee replacement 8 years ago. I had a great result. He is caring and listens to my concerns. The only down side is he is busy- but that is the price you pay to get the best. I recommend him to everyone and know many on whom he has operated, all with good results.

December 27th, 2010
Dr. Wixson's replacement of my hip was flawless in execution and painless in recovery. I would strongly recommend him for hip replacement. He also performed bilateral knee replacements on my 81 year old mother who thereafter walked rapidly four miles a day without pain.