Dr. Richard Wortzel Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Richard Wortzel?

January 20th, 2016

Top doc in dermatology

Caring, compassionate and thorough! By far, the best dermatologist in the area.

March 11th, 2015

Worst Experience ever

I had been going to this office for almost 3 years because I had a pretty bad case of cystic/nodulocystic acne starting in my early 20's. I had huge acne welts all over my forehead. Before I decided to start seeing a dermatologist I had tried clearasil, proactive, and various benzoil peroxide products that people swore by, but nothing worked. They prescribed me various creams, washes, and spot treatments, but the only thing they ever gave me that had truly helped was monodox (an oral antibiotic) once my acne was cleared up using the antibiotics, they should have weened me off them, but they did not. Every time I returned I told the doctor I didn't want to keep taking the pills and he kept trying to give me different prescriptions instead. This lasted for over 2 years and the antibiotics took a toll on my immune system, add high stress levels to the mix, I ended up contracting shingles which was by far the most painful thing I have ever dealt with in my entire life. I decided I needed to get off these meds with or without their help. I was looking for natural remedies and a friend had suggested tea tree oil as a spot treatment which worked wonders. I had mentioned my use of tea tree oil to the doctor at my next visit and I told him how successful it was and he ignored me entirely, as if I sat there silent and told him nothing. Never in my life have I felt so unimportant to someone who was supposed to help me. I had to ween myself off the meds myself without their help and I never returned there again. I wash my face twice daily with a sulfur wash and use tea tree oil as a spot treatment, they may have initially cured me of acne with the antibiotics, but they are con artists and just wanted me to keep coming back and giving me scripts when there was no longer an issue. worst experience I've had with a doctors office in my entire life. Also my first time seeing him for my ACNE they made me robe up and he did a full examination, seriously the most unprofessional thing I've ever dealt with in my entire life, I felt beyond violated. Also took a biopsy just to test it when they could have just removed the scar tissue from my leg entirely, but they wanted me to come back again to do it, then after the biopsy I had stitches, did he bother to take them out, no... he had an assistant do it.

September 22nd, 2013

patient

Dr. Wortzel is nothing short of awesome! It takes a lot to put a type of person like myself at ease when going into any Dr's office, but the courteous, caring staff and Dr. Wortzels attention to detail and follow up from prior appointments makes for a calm, smooth visit you know was a quality one. He has all the qualifications you could ever want and the caring nature of your own mother. Generally smiles all the time and truly seems as if he cares. #1 dermatologist in my book!

May 21st, 2013

Website says they are accepting new patients - but I wasn't able to book an appt. for my son for 8 months out? Seems they only take the quick cosmetic fix here and weren't willing to assist in recommending another provider if you actually have a condition needing treatment. What a waste of time.

November 19th, 2012

Office staff

Strike 1- do not answer the phone after a 5 minute journey through the phone tree. "A member of our staff will call you bacK"Strike 2 - No one calls you back!Strike 3 - tba

August 19th, 2011

Oustanding patient care

I always look forward to seeing Dr Wortzel again. He is an exceptionally caring, thoughtful, kind doctor. He is also very thorough and trustworthy. I cannot recommend him highly enough. You have to make apppintments well in advance, and this must be due to so many people wishing to see him. It's worth doing so.

September 14th, 2009

Dr. Richard wortzel is a wonderfuldoctor. He is the best Dermatologist thatI have going to.

August 22nd, 2008