A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Richard Yan:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Richard Yan is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Richard Yan, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Critical Care Medicine, and Pulmonary Disease.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
Education & Awards
Dr. Yan graduated from Nanjing University Medical College, Jiangsu.
Dr. Yan has 11 hospital affiliations:
- Lutheran Medical Center
- St. Luke's Roosevelt Hospital/St. Luke's Hospital Division
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Yan accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 34 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 14 plans
- Unicare - 12 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Fidelis Care - 4 plans
- Evercare - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- Humana - 5 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans