A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Richard Xu:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Richard Xu is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Richard Xu, MD is board certified in Medical Oncology.
Education & Awards
Dr. Xu graduated from Anhui Medical University, Hefei.
Dr. Xu has 13 hospital affiliations:
- North Shore University Hospital
- Stony Brook University Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Xu accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care - 3 plans
- WellCare - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 18 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 15 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 2 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Fidelis Care - 4 plans
- MetroPlus Health Plan - 1 plan
- Affinity Health Plan - 5 plans
- Health Plus - 4 plans
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 4 plans
- Evercare - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 4 plans
- Humana - 5 plans
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 2 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans
- Healthfirst - 11 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Richard L. Xu practice?
Dr. Richard Xu practices Medical Oncology near Flushing, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Roslyn Heights, NY.
See Flushing Oncologists.