Richard A Yamamoto MD Patient Reviews

2.5
  • 3 reviews

March 26th, 2013
40-55 year old female
He was arrogant and dismissive. I told him of my rash which had gotten progressively worse while waiting for the three months to get in to see him. He barely looked at my rash, said ,"are there allergies in your family?" [yes]. "You have eczema." I told him i didn't think it was eczema. He gave me a cream and said come back in 30 days. This dismissive, rude treatment went on every 30 days for five months and i continued to get worse....I could only sleep about four hours a night due to extreme itching. I finally paid to see an out of network dermatologist. Within 10 days he had me treated and cured of SCABIES!! Nice work, Yamamoto! You know what it takes to test for scabies?? A skin scrape test that can be read in five minutes. My out of network Doc did just that.

August 10th, 2011
nurse practitioner on yamamotos behalf
she was basically an idiot, I will get her name soon. she didnt listen to a word i said regarding acne on my face. i told her i cant use retin a cause it just breaks me out and thats it and told her tazorac in combination with obaji blender worked great for me. She told me "No, period" in those exact words. Can anybody tell me why I cant take tazorac because she wouldnt tell me why. she was horrible and should be fired.

May 24th, 2010
Dermatology diagnoses and treatment
I typed a complete listing of locations, nature, time history, symptoms (itching, scabbing, etc.) and gave it to Dr's assistant when I entered the treatment room. When Dr. entered, he began asking me questions I had answered on the paper, and I asked whether he had read it. He found it on his clip board and gave it a glance, read the first couple of entriesand then returned to examining my skin.He seemed in a hurry, applied liquid nitrogen to some locations, stated some suggested medications and walked out without completely reading the list. As a result, several small lesions and skin eruptions I had listed were not examined nor treated.