Plastic Surgeon
Video profile
Richard L. Zeff, M.D. P.A.
137 Portsmouth Ave
Stratham, NH 03885
(603) 775-7444
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Yahoo.
 |  Another Happy Patient  |  show details
by Katie on Apr 28th, 2014

I felt very comfortable from the moment I walked into Dr. Zeff's office. I met with Dr. Zeff for about 45 Minutes to consult with him about Breast Augmentation. Dr. Zeff went over the procedure in great detail, he answered all of my questions without feeling uneasy about my lack of knowledge. I knew I wanted to book my surgery right away. I met with his surgery coordinator and she walked me through my surgery procedure step by step. Everything went great, very organized and smooth. I couldn't have asked for a better experience I would highly recommend Dr. Zeff.

|  Not Impressed  |  show details
Nov 12th, 2013

I felt at first they were very caring towards me and knew from the get go i had several questions due to a prior surgery gone wrong at another office. When i woke up from my surgery the nurse was sitting down eating and seemed very annoyed that she had to get up because i had woken up. I told the doctor from the get go about my previous surgery in complete detail and he seemed to tell me he didnt know of certain issues i had prior, after the surgery. But again I TOLD HIM. (my only complaint with him) . After the nurse got up from eating she wanted me out of there asap and didnt care to tell me how to take care of myself leaving. She seemed very annoyed by any questions i had and when i would ask them she would reply "im trying to get there" . But she wasnt telling me any information at all. I left with several questions unanswered and had to call back a few times to ask and again they seemed like i was inconviencing them. The person waiting for me in the waiting room told me she came out and was complaing she wanted to go home because my surgery took longer then expected. At the follow up apts i felt the same way. I was speaking with a women in the waiting room about something to do with paperwork after and was rudly interrupted by another nurse trying to get me into the room to see the doctor. She said sorry and that she didnt realize she was talking to me but i was the only one in the room? At that point i felt so rushed because i wasnt given the time to even think what to say and i again left with several questions unanswered. A few times i was given the response "we just thought you knew because you had this surgery before". Every surgeon is different and seeing i came from a bad surgery i wanted to make sure everything was 100% and have never felt like such an inconvience towards a person. I felt that as soon as they received their money they stopped caring at all. The woman there i was speaking with would email me back and fourth and the min my surgery was over...she stopped. Waited 2 weeks for an email before i called them and was literally yelled at on the phone from a woman because i had a simple question to ask. She would not answer it for me and kept telling me to listen to what the doctor said. She kept over speaking me and wouldnt give me the chance to explain. If she actually sat back and listened to me BEING THE PATIENT AND ALL she would have understood im just a human trying to make sure something go 100% correct this time so what happened before didnt. DISGUSTED WITH THE WAY I HAVE BEEN TREATED. Would NEVER in a million years refer anyone to this office. If they had a more caring staff that actually took the time to listen my view would be different. The doctor itself did an amazin job and have nothing to say about him but if you are trying to go somewhere and feel cared for and not just a piece of $$$ your spending , id go elsewhere.

|  Still in pain 7 years later  |  show details
by M on Sep 2nd, 2013

I went to Dr. Zeff for breast augmentation. I read a few positive reviews and his office was close by, and I thought since this was such a basic procedure it would be a no brainer. He wasn't exactly the most talkative or personable dr. His bedside manner was a little abrupt but I thought that didn't really matter as long as he did a good job. On surgery day, I woke up from anesthesia only to be told that the surgery went well but when they sat me up they noticed one breast was lower than the other. Dr. Zeff then went in to explain that he had seen this happen before and the ones who wrapped their breast to push down the higher breast would end up being happy and the ones who didn't were never satisfied. Well, I didn't want to spend 6k to be unhappy so I diligently wrapped and pushed down my higher breast. On my follow up, one breast was still high. The nurse accused me of holding my shoulder higher on one side and I needed to stop doing that. I argued with her for a bit. Finally Zeff came in and said it wasn't my shoulder, one side was still clearly higher. I then explained to him that the side that was lower was painful and you could feel the implant more underneath on that side. You can see the difference even with a bra and clothes on. He explained that the pain would get better but the breasts apparently went where they wanted to be. He couldn't fix the breast that was lower but offered to enlarge pocket around the other implant so that it was lower and matched (of course I would have to pay for the OR and anesthesia etc) I said no way, I didn't want two painful breasts. Basically 7 years later my husband can't even touch my right breast. It is visibly sagging more and you can even see a difference in the nipple. It is stretching. When I wear a winter coat, it looks like I have no breast on my right side, even with a bra. It lays flat. When I lay on my back, my right breast lays flat while the other one projects out from the chest. I would not recommend Dr. Zeff and his staff.

|  Very upsetting overall  |  show details
by Cathy White on Apr 18th, 2013

I have been through a lot with Dr. Zeff. I had two procedures, a breast lift and abdominoplasty. When I went for my consult, I felt uneasy, as Dr. Zeff has no bed side manner even being a Dr. who deals with such sensitive issues. However, because of location and convenience, I decided to have Dr. Zeff perform the surgery. Following surgery, I had one complication after the other. I spent every other day in his office getting fluid extracted from my abdomin. In 90 degree weather, I would wear a folded towel compressed with the wrap they give you following surgery. Dr. Zeff was a pro at minimizing my feelings of disappointment & frustration as I had planned the outcome to be so different. I also had to take antibiotics due to an infection that I learned about when I stopped at a hospital on my way back to the seacoast following my grandmothers funeral. My experience with Dr. Zeff was horrifying. After about 4 months, I noticed big lumps of tissue on both sides of my abdomen. The tissue was very tender to touch. I went to see Zeff & sure enough I had scar tissue built up on both sides ans it has to be taken care of. Dr. Zeff did say, in his best interest, he would perform the surgery, but I am the one who has to go through another surgery and all that is involved including the sick feeling I get when I walk into his office. I am telling my story because I encourage people to not settle for convenience and/or location. There are PS's out there who realize all a woman go through prior to making the decision to have the surgery. Please look around...I am sure that many people who have worked with Dr. Zeff have witnessed his abrupt nature and I noticed it, but was excited & really wanted the surgery. Today, over a year later, I am still covering my abdomen as I certainly did not get the results I was promised so please do some research & I encourage you to meet Dr. Zeff and just go with your gut feeling...please.

Sep 7th, 2012

ience over all ---

|  Excellent Experience  |  show details
Aug 16th, 2012

I had Dr. Zeff do liposuction on my knees about a year ago and I could not have had a better experience. Everyone was wonderful to me and I felt as though I was in excellent hands. I was very pleased with the results!

|  Chest & Hip Lipo  |  show details
Jun 29th, 2012

Dr. Zeff and his staff were very professional. I felt very comfortable with him. I interviewed two other surgeons and there was no comparison in the delivery of the information needed for me to make a good decision. He took as much time as I needed to feel comfortable in the initial consultation. Better yet, there was no pressure to make a decision right then and there. He actually asked me not to make an immediate decision and give the surgery additional thought. I feel like Dr. Zeff under promised and over delivered in my case; which is exactly what I was looking for. I could not believe the transformation. I would highly recommend him. I am still in awe of his work every day I look in the mirror. How many surgeons give out their personal cell phone for a patient to call after the surgery if they feel they need to ask post operation questions? Dr. Zeff certainly does. That speaks to the individual attention he places on his relationship with his patients. A

Jan 31st, 2012

I recently had a breast augmentation and i am very happy with the results. He helped me choose the size and shape that is right for my body. Everyone i talked to was very good about answering my questions and letting me know exactly what to expect pre and post surgery. I highly recommend going there.

|  Amazing doctor!  |  show details
Jan 18th, 2012

I'm just going to do a short run down of my experience with Dr. Zeff beginning to end..I was very self conscious about the small size of my breasts (32A), so after discussion with family I decided to research some doctors. I easily could've gone to Boston to spend an astronomical amount of money on a crappy job, but I decided to stay local. I found this doctor, did a lot of research on him and others, and decided to schedule a consultation.The consultation is a $100 fee, non-refundable, but if you decide to schedule surgery within 90 days, that $100 goes towards your surgery. During the consultation he completely explained everything there is to know about breast implants. I had a couple questions and he answered them. On my way out I scheduled my surgery!At the pre op appointment, I had more questions. I wrote them all down and sat with a nurse for about an hour. We did some paperwork, and she went even more in depth about the surgery. She covered most of my questions, but I asked the ones she didn't. My mom was with me at the appointment, and I wasn't as stressed or anxious because the nurse made it very fun and comfortable. After we talked, we moved into another room where we took pictures and talked about size. I finally settled on a size that was perfect and awaited my surgery date.As far as the surgery went, I did have my time pushed back an hour or two. That is the only thing I wish didn't happen (I couldn't eat until after, so I was STARVING, but they gave me snacks after!). Surgery went flawless, and the healing process obviously hurt, but nothing I couldn't manage. I actually was prescribed pills and barely took them! After everything settled and stopped swelling I was EXTREMELY happy with the results!At the post op appointment, Dr. Zeff and another nurse I had met with before sat down and looked at them and thought they looked great on my body, and I must agree! I could not be any happier with the way everything went. Dr. Zeff and his staff are more than educated and extremely friendly. I WILL recommend this doctor to people, he did an excellent job! I can't thank him enough!

Nov 17th, 2011

Dr. Zeff is not only very professional, but also a perfectionist. I have been a patient of his for five years. I have had the following procedures breast augmentation,liposuction, tummy tuck, botox and vien therapy. After I had a botch breast augmention from a surgeon in Manchester, a very satisfied patient of Dr. Zeffs reffered me. From the consultation to the post opp. care Dr. Zeff and his staff were professional,knowledgable,and compassionate. My breasts came out perfect. Dr. Zeff corrected the deformity from the other surgeon. Several of my friends could not believe how fabulous my breast turned out so they went to Dr. Zeff achieving the same results. When I decided to get liposuction and a tummy tuck, there was no doubt where I was going to go. Once again from the consultation to the post opp care I received phenominal care along with phenominal results. The areas he sculted are flawless and proportional. My stomach looks like it is a body double from a magazine. It is flat, flawless, and the scar is barely visable. The results are amazing after having three children. The office staff and Dr. Zeff have great synergy. The difference between Dr. Zeff and other plastic surgeons is he is not only a perfectionist, but he also CARES.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
Nov 14th, 2011

I am so grateful to Dr. Zeff for correcting the scarring on my nose. He has completely restored my self confidence. It has been a long & nightmarish 4 years, full of empty promises from other doctors in the area. He was the only one that was honest, compassionate and full of cautionary optimism as to what he could do to correct the scarring. The results are way beyond what I could have ever hoped for. When we had our initial consult, he took time to sit with me & ask questions. He looked at the scars & came up with a plan that would work for me. No other provider had done that. The past 4 years of searching for a doctor who could improve the scars always started the same, with high expectations and assurances that this procedure would work, and ended the same, with no results and wasted time and money. He truly has changed how I look at myself. I would never go anywhere else, I trust this man completely and his staff is wonderful. I just wish I had found him 4 years earlier!

|  Laser Hair Removal  |  show details
Jun 9th, 2011

Although my treatments are painful, the staff make me feel very comfortable and I feel as though I have a more personal relationship with them than just being serviced by them. Dr. Zeff's is very clean and professional and I would highly recommend going there for whatever treatment you're looking for.

|  Fabulous Plastics Surgeon and wonderful staff  |  show details
Jan 8th, 2010

Dr Zeff is a superb plastic surgeon. He is thorough in his intial meeting and contact with the staff prior to surgery day was easy to do. On day of surgery all staff - nurses Dr Zeff, anesthelogist- were very attentive caring and awnsered all questions. Procedure was FABULOUS - after care was thorough. Extremely pleased. I had interviewed a few diffent plastic surgeons and choose Dr Zeff as the best. He is 1 hour from my home. Nurses are wonderful and caring.

|  loved my experience and results  |  show details
by from concord nh on Dec 15th, 2009

i could not be happier with the staff or the doctor. my results are really beautiful. my breasts are what i always wished they were. recovery was easy and i am truely glad i choose Dr. Zeff and i hope him and the staff know that!

|  Laser patient  |  show details
Sep 5th, 2009

I can't review the doctor because I never even met him, but I can review the older nurse who did my treatments...POOR. ALOT of talking, little doing. Her goal was to keep me coming back for more and shelling out money. My hair is still growing back after 3 weak treatments! I'm going to give another place a chance. I won't be going back.

|  Dr. Richard Zeff is not the only plastic surgeon out there!  |  show details
Jun 8th, 2009

I has some very bad experiences with this doctor and his staff. It is my opinion that you should another plastic surgeon.

by MB on Nov 17th, 2008 on yahoo.com

Excellent treatment from Doctor and staff. Work is superior and Dr. Zeff is an outstanding plastic surgeon.

Read Full Review at yahoo.com