Dr. Rick Gebhart DO Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Vandalia, OH

3.8

December 27th, 2016
Great Doctor
Dr Gebhart takes the time to talk and listen to you . You can tell that he cares about what he's doing.

December 10th, 2016
You will absolutely not find a more knowledgeable, caring, educated, diverse doctor than Doc G. He is who all other Family Practitioners should model themselves after. He has literally saved my life on two occasions over the years. He has diagnosed a very rare condition that was missed by many specialists before him. He takes the time needed during your visit to address your needs and that is why I don't mind waiting awhile to see him. He is very personable, upbeat and always very friendly. He is truly interested in his patients. He has great skill in so many areas, above and beyond the everyday Family Practitioner. I hope he can remain my doctor until my time on Earth is through. He is irreplaceable. The only small negative which has nothing to do with him and which MANY reviewers have mentioned is that (for me) ONE of the front office staff who take appointments over the phone can be rude, inappropriate and come across very abrasive. But he is SO worth having to deal with that staff member. I am a very blessed patient to have him as my doctor!

August 21st, 2015
Great Doctor but Office Staff are HORRIBLE
Dr. Gephart is wonderful, office staff are just awful - long waits rude and discourteous behavior of office staff make me want to go somewhere eles even though Dr. Gephart is a good doctor

August 20th, 2015
Worst Office Staff
First, let me say the Dr G is a top-notch doctor. Kind, compassionate, HIGHLY knowledgeable. As good as Dr. G is, his staff is completely opposite. Office personnel are rude, patronizing, uncaring and did I mention rude? The nurse practitioners are less than well-educated, racist, demeaning and uncaring about the effect their words have on youngsters. I was a patient for over 15 years. When I expressed my extreme displeasure at the unprofessional manner I experienced at the hands of Dr G's office staff I was dismissed from his practice. In Dr G's defense, he doesn't have time to watchdog the way his staff treats his patients so they run roughshod over them. I'm truly sad that I can no longer call him my physician.

July 26th, 2015
Best Doctor ever. Dont mind the wait. I know if I have an emergency he will see me as he will his other patients. Very knowledgable.

May 5th, 2015
Dr. Gebhart is the best!

April 10th, 2015
Great Doctor
Yea I have to wait up to 2 weeks to see Dr. Gebhart, but if I'm in a bad way then I get to see him the same day. He is a wonderful Doctor and he truly cares about his patients. Dr. Gebhart knows so much about medicine and diagnoses of many ills that so many come to see him for. For me there is no better Doctor anywhere for any price and I hope he is my Doctor until I wouldn't need to worry about seeing a Doctor anymore.

August 8th, 2014
Office staff rude, nurse practitioner incompetent, and dr g is only aboht the money. If u have top notch insurance and dont care for an hr+ wait then he is great. But if u dont and expect to be treated lile a human being I would find anothr dr.

April 9th, 2012
I called Dr. Gebhart's practice for an appointment, but he was out of the office during the week I needed to be seen. Instead, I scheduled to see a nurse practitioner within 2 days. Bottom line: in 14 years with my former family physician, I never received an office visit exam that was as comprehensive and complete as I did with the nurse prac. She was thorough, took the time to discuss my concerns and worked with me to modify my meds.For those who complain about the doctor himself, I cannot comment on the specifics, but I will say this: if you have an appointment with a doctor and you feel you are being dismissed or shortchanged during your visit, speak up! Tell him to sit his butt down and really listen to what you say and come up with solutions. We are long past the days when patients should have "white coat" syndrome. Your doctor is a professional you "hire" to meet a need. I am certain that Dr. Gebhart is a caring and committed physician. Give him a chance to see your assertive side!

March 29th, 2012
Great Doctor! Some staff issues
I have been going to Dr.Gebhart for years about the time he started in Vandalia. He is a thorough physician. One of his nurse practitioner I do not care for and feel is incompetent she does not follow-through and she does rush in and rush out and has no bedside manner so my way of taking care of this issues is I refuse to see her nor is my family to see her. The front office staff seems to be a little better there for awhile they had some of the rudest people and made you feel like you were bothering them and unwelcome and I have worked in healthcare for 22 yearsand you just treat patients like they don't matter. I of course have no problem telling the office manager how I feel in a professional manner cause I am paying for a service.

February 9th, 2012
Wouldn't go back there...
Based on my experience, you should find another doctor. You won't ever see me in his office.

May 18th, 2011
He is one of the smartest and most compassionate doctors I have ever met. However, I am thinking of leaving his practice because he is very hard to get in with and the wait time is often over an hour to see him.