Dr. Rick Gehlert MD Patient Reviews

3.3

February 2nd, 2017
Negligent
Gehlert recommended a Corin Hip Resurfacing for me in Oct 2011. In Sept. 2011, the American distributer of the product discontinued it because there had been so many problems with them. The only reason that i know this is because I asked him to tell me the name of the product that he put into my hip. I had to several times before he complied. Furthermore, he neglected to sew my gluteus medius muscle back to its attachment at the ilium. As a result I had a balled up wad of muscle tissue sticking out of my hip for 5 months after the surgery. Dr Gehlert told me that this was normal and refused to prescribe any physical therapy for me. As a result I, an active 40 year old, was on a walker for 3 months after the surgery and more than 2 years before I could get back to work. This man displayed a complete lack of concern for my health.

June 28th, 2011
Poor scheduling
Trying to get in to see him for followups and actual visits is very hard.The last time I was there I waited 4 hours past my appointment because all of the doctors were out on an extended lunch.Recently I asked for a visit and got one week to wait, not bad...Then I got a letter less than 2 days before the appointment telling me it had been rescheduled for an entire month after the first appointment.