Dr. Rickey Mckenzie MD Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery Tuscaloosa, AL

3.9

December 29th, 2016
I've sat in his office for 2 hrs waiting for pre op if my surgery tomorrow is this disorganized it's been good knowing y'all

December 4th, 2016
Sales Engineer
It has been one tear since Dr. McKenzie did my neck surgery and I have zero complaints. He was very professional and spoke to me like an intelligent human being. His demeanor is outstanding but mist of all he gives you any detail you request and will explain options if you do not understand the technical terminology. If I had an option of any doctor I wanted it would be him without any hesitation.

June 24th, 2016
very professional

May 8th, 2013
Lacks empathy...
I am sure he is a wonderful surgeon and has many successes but he lacks the empathy required for consultations. I saw him last year for a herniated disk and was met with a very cold attitude and unwillingness to listen and understand how I was feeling,

February 4th, 2013
attorney
Performed 2 cervicsl fusions on me. Straight forward, answers all questions - couldn't get any better treatment as far as I am concerned. Would use services again and recommend to others

October 17th, 2012
He has done all 3 of my surgeries. He is the only Doctor I want to see. He will not do surgery if you do not need it. He is honest and up front with you.

April 4th, 2012
NButler
I was in terrible shape when I had my first appointment. He gave me options and explained everything in detail. Great bedside manner. I had surgery in FEB and have been a new person since. My quality of life had been affected for so long it was frightening, and now that I am out of pain I can see how miserable I really was. I can't thank him enough. Now rehab. May the good Lord help me:)

February 8th, 2012
Conservative treatment, not quick to operate. Upfront about prognosis. After surgery spent time with me(patient) and my husband, explaining the results of what was found vs. what was done for treatment.Would use this doctor again if needed!

December 17th, 2011
Very Rude, Biased and Not compassionate at all- Disrespectful to the patient conditions
I was reffered to his clinic. He has a very disrespectful attitude towards his patients. He has no compassion and cannot understand and care about patient needs. Has confict of interests and patient needs.

September 9th, 2010
8 years and counting....
Dr. McKenzie performed an L4-L5 fusion on me 8 years ago! He gave me my life back! I have been fortunate enough to have held a few jobs since...school bus driver, preschool teacher and now I am a medical coder! None of this would have been possible if God had not crossed our paths! I am beyond grateful to Dr. Mckenzie! You are an angel!

November 16th, 2008
he performed a discectomy in 2001 on me. If it weren't for Dr. Mc, I'd not be walking today. He is an incredible surgeon.