A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Rick Nishimura:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Rick Nishimura is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Nishimura
Atrial Fibrillation Patient Education Learn about atrial fibrillation and irregular heartbeat symptoms and treatments by reading the patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Nishimura Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Rick Nishimura, MD is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 32 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Aortic Valve Insufficiency
- Aortic Valve Stenosis
- Arteriosclerosis (Arterial Disease)
- Bacterial Endocarditis
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Constrictive Pericarditis
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty & Stent
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Coronary Disease
- Dilated Cardiomyopathy
- Heart Block
- Heart Catheterization
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Valve Diseases
- Heart Valve Prosthesis Implantation
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Nishimura graduated from Rush Medical College, Chicago. He has 14 awards.
Dr. Nishimura has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Rochester Methodist Hospital
- St Marys Hospital - Rochester
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Rick A Nishimura MD is a male Internist, has 33 years of experience and practices in Cardiovascular Disease.
- Where does Dr. Rick A. Nishimura practice?
- Dr. Rick Nishimura has 8 office locations.
Dr. Rick Nishimura practices Cardiovascular Disease near Rochester, MN.
Additional practice locations include: Wabasha, MN and Kenyon, MN.
See Rochester Cardiologists.