Dr. Rick Sasso MD Patient Reviews

• 11 reviews

August 22nd, 2016
Dr. Sasso has been extremely helpful and compassionate in treating my multiple problems over the past two years. I recommend him to everyone I know who talks about having significant back or neck pain. There is no one I would trust more than him to operate on me, or to help me get to where I need to be. The wait time is worth it, I can't express that enough. I am forever grateful for him and his incredible staff!

July 22nd, 2016
I am so grateful to be the patient of this doctor! I have achondroplasia dwarfism, and am 27 years old. It is not uncommon for young people with achondroplasia to require spine surgery because of our narrow spinal columns. Dr. Sasso has taken care of me for over 2 years and I couldn't be happier to have him. He is such a skilled surgeon and has performed 6 successful procedures on me. As well, I appreciate his kindness, genuine desire to see me feel well, and attentiveness to my many questions.

April 7th, 2015
Outstanding surgeon, seems to be overbooked.

January 26th, 2015
A 3 1/2 hour wait only to be told to take 2 aleve 2 times a day! See me in 6 weeks! With a folder of information of things I've had done to my back in the last 8 years only to tell me I need physical therapy (which I've already had) what a waste of time!

January 17th, 2013
I have been with Dr. Sasso since 1994. He is a great spine surgeon and cleaned up a mess left by another doc. Went several years with no problems and now that I have problems again, I wouldn't go anywhere else.

August 16th, 2012
Terrible Place
I was referred to this Doctor by my doctor. After waiting weeks in pain for my appointment, I had to wait over and hour and half to see Dr. Sasso. He came into the room with another man and did not ask my permission for h iim to be there. They made me put a gown on for a neck injury and yet Dr. Sasso only had me pull his hands. He didn't even touch my neck. Spent 3 minutes with me and told me to go to physical therapy. I am in constant pain, he did NOTHING. Don't go here it is a bad place!

August 10th, 2012
Amazing surgeon
I absolutely recommend Dr. Rick Sasso without reservation. He performed an anterior cervical discectomy with fusion on levels C5/C6 and C6/C7. The surgery eliminated the pain/numbness/tingling and enabled me to regain strength in the affected muscles. I found Dr. Sasso to be extremely knowledgeable and personable and although I hope not to have problems with any other parts of my spine, if I do I will again place my trust in Dr. Sasso.

February 20th, 2011
My wife's spine was in terrible shape due to a series of failed surgeries by doctors around the country. She was in horrible pain 24/7. She had been told by dozens of doctors that there was no hope for a successful repair. Dr. Sasso put together a well laid out plan of surgery and assembled a team of the rite doctors to make it as successful as possible and then performed the surgery. It was more successful that we could have ever imagined. He has been so good to explain every step and detail. He takes time with us to answer all questions without ever displaying attitude or arrogance. His staff has been wonderful and very caring. All-in-all, he is the best doctor that we have ever seen. I guess that because he is so good is why it is so hard to get the first appointment to see him, but don't give up, keep trying until you get in, it will be life changing for you and your loved ones.

May 18th, 2010
I really appreciated the great care that I received - by Dr. Sasso and his staff. Everyone was very helpful.

May 14th, 2010
I can walk again
This is an excellent world reknown physician. I would recommend him to anyone with a spine problem

September 3rd, 2009
Not patient Patient
Biggest problem on our first visit (he came highly recommended), we waited 1 1/2 hours in the waiting room after our scheduled appointment to get called back to an exam room. Then waited another 1 1/2 hours before the doctor came in to see us. He spent about 8 minutes with us and recommended surgery.