A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Rick Szumlas:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Szumlas
High Cholesterol Patient Education Your patient education guide for reducing high cholesterol (hypercholetserolemia) levels. HDL, LDL and triglycerides explained.Before Visiting Dr. Szumlas Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Rick Szumlas, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Szumlas graduated from Rosalind Franklin University, North Chicago.
Dr. Szumlas has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Hopkins County Memorial Hospital
- Paris Regional Medical Center
- Hopkins Memorial Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Rick Alan Szumlas MD is a male Internist, has 23 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- Where does Dr. Rick A. Szumlas practice?
- Dr. Rick Szumlas has 1 office location.
Dr. Rick Szumlas practices Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease near Paris, TX.
See Paris Internists and Paris Cardiologists.