Dr. Rickey Chance DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

July 22nd, 2016
TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE
THIS WAS THE MOST UNCONCERNED DOCTOR THAT I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED. HE WAS CONTINUALLY TRYING TO DIAGNOSE ME WITH DEPRESSION ALTHOUGH I AM ONE OF THE MOST HAPPIEST PEOPLE MOST KNOW AND HAVE NO DEPRESSION ISSUES. THAT WAS NOT THE REASON FOR MY VISIT, HE DIDNT LISTEN TO ANYTHING I WAS SAYING AND WAS IN SUCH A RUSH THAT I DIDNT EVEN GET TO TALK TO HIM ABOUT THE REASON WHY I WAS ACTUALLY THERE. HIS STAFF WAS VERY NICE AND PROFESSIONAL BUT WHEN IT CAME TO HIM DIFFERENT STORY. I HEARD NEGATIVE THINGS ABOUT HIM BUT SINCE HES SO CLOSE TO MY AREA I DECIDED TO GIVE HIM A CHANCE. THE ONLY THING THAT WAS DONE WAS TOLD TO COME BACK BECAUSE HE WANTED TEST ON ME AND THAT HE DIDNT KNOW ENOUGH ABOUT ME TO TREAT ME. IF HE WOULD HAVE LISTENED TO WHAT I HAD TO SAY MAYBE HE WOULD HAVE LEARNED ABOUT ME AND THE ISSUES I WAS HAVING BUT THAT WAS NOT THE CASE AT ALL. I ALSO HEARD HE WAS NOT CONCERNED ABOUT ANYTHING BUT MONEY, I PAID MY COPAY WHICH IS LARGER THAN MOST BUT I FELT LIKE I BASICALLY GAVE HIM MONEY FOR NOTHING IN RETURN. DEFINITELY WOULD NOT GO TO HIM AGAIN AND WOULD NOT RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE. SHOULD HAVE TRUSTED THE REVIEWS I SEEN ON HIM!! LIVE AND LEARN

February 27th, 2016
I scheduled my annual exam with Dr. Chance as my employer health insurance required I have a physical to receive a premium reduction. He performed a very thorough exam, performed my cholesterol and diabetes screening while I was there and discussed the results during the visit. He discussed diet modification due to my cholesterol instead of automatically jumping to prescribing medicine. Dr. Chance will be my provider for future healthcare needs. The staff was also knowledgeable and pleasant.

March 30th, 2015
I have been going to Dr. Chance for many years. The last time I saw him he told me to stop wasting his time because I was asking about 3 issues I had instead of one issue. He then named my ailments in front of nurses and patients in the office. That information is supposed to be confidential under HIPPA law. Although, I have thought he was wonderful in the past, he crossed the line on many levels the last time I saw him. My disease should not have been told in front of others.

January 16th, 2015
BEST DR IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!
Dr. Chance has been my family doctor for almost 20 years...he's ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!!! He's very patient, friendly, honest, and truly loves his work. He's not just another doctor thats in the business to make money, he has a WONDERFUL bedside manner and truly cares about his patients.

August 4th, 2012
Very good physician, smart, really cares about his patients. Does complete family care. Sees children. Does gyn care, adult problems

January 5th, 2011
My elderly mother and I have been going to Dr.Chance since Hurricane Katrina in 2005. I couldn't have chosen a better physician! My mother's appointments can be a bit time consuming with all of her medical problems, but Dr.Chance has so much patience with her and never seems to be rushed, even though I'm sure he's actually very busy. Not only does he have great bedside manner, he is just such a joy to be around. His sense of humor makes it such a breeze to be going to the "doctor". He is such a smart man and we are so blessed that he is our physician!

September 26th, 2008
PERSONAL OPINION
RICKEY HAS BEEN MY FAMILY'S PHYSICIAN FOR OVER 12 YEARS. RICKEY IS VERY WILLING TO LISTEN, AND SHOWS MUCH PATIENCE, EVEN WHEN DEALING WITH SMALL CHILDREN. I'LL NEVER FORGET ONCE RUNNING INTO RICKEY IN A CONVENIENCE STORE AND MY YOUNG SON RUNNING UP TO HIM AND TELLING HIM THAT HIS EAR HURT. I TOLD MY SON THAT DR RICKEY WOULD HAVE TO SEE HIM IN THE OFFICE, THAT HE WAS N OT AT WORK. RICKEY LAUGHED, PULLED AN OTASCOPE OUT OF HIS POCKET LOOKED AT MY SONS EARS AND TOLD US HE WOULD CALL IN AN ANTIBIOTIC WHEN HE GOT TO THE OFFICE. ALOT OF DRS WOULD HAVE WANTED TO GET US INTO THE OFFICE FOR A VISIT FEE. I FEEL LIKE LITTLE THINGS LIKE THIS ARE THE ONES THAT MAKE A DIFFERENCE