Dr. Rick Low MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 18th, 2016
Incredibly skilled surgeon with warm Aloha Spirit
Incredible surgeon and the greatest personality. Saved my life and did such a great job, I recovered quickly. Love his personality and bedside manner. Loves his work and his patients. Consultant to Google on Medical Tech innovation. Can I say more?

December 25th, 2015
hernia mesh entrapment
inguinal hernia mesh repair surgery 3 years ago with ProGrip "surgical velcro". inguinal hernia --mesh moved and bunched up and is gripping/entraping nerves and spermcord. daily pain and tightness and difficult to sleep. and is made much worth days after ejaculate. many post op visits. unwilling to reexplore. other doctors/surgeons have told me to have the mesh removed. pain and tightness goes in to thigh...stings/hurts a lot. mesh moved because of it's design or due to his method.

September 25th, 2015
Does not follow up or return calls
I had an appointment w Dr Low a month ago for a likely hernia as diagnosed by my long time family practice doc. After a very quick and non thorough exam he said he will set me up for a CT scan. Now 11 days after doctor Low received my report not a peep from him. His assistant Deb said he had tried to call me. Untrue. A week later tomorrow I still have not heard back from him going on 10 days now. Discussed with office manager and she said he would call me two days ago. All contact was from me trying to get my CT scan results. Lazy, incompetent, or just pure apathy about his general patient care. I will be having my CT scan reviewed by another Dr at another practice. Valley Surgical and Dr Low have created the worst medical experience I have had in my 53 years of existence. Go elsewhere!!

May 28th, 2013
Hernia
I was diagnosed by another surgeon to have a hernia surgery scheduled and was questioning it. Was referred to Dr. Low from a friend for a second opinion. Ended up having no hernia and no surgery necessary. He is honest, trustworthy,exceptional with his diagnosing and very professional. I went home and referred him to 3 people.

June 18th, 2010
on the ball
Dr. Low performed 2 surgeries, both well done. i was highly impressed with the efficiency and effectiveness of the staff. better than Mayo Clinic in my opinion.