Plastic Surgery Specialist, Surgical Specialist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  I wouldn't take my dog to him  |  show details
by Karl H on Jan 31st, 2013

I'm appalled that this guy is a teaching surgeon at the University of Michigan. He took a look at an infected pressure ulcer, saw on my chart that I had a previous surgery at Mayo Clinic (I was referred by his colleagues at U-M), chastised me for not staying in the system because then he could have helped. Told me there was nothing he could do. Told me to go home and "live with it" where I would have no doubt, died. He offered no other solutions. He lacked compassion and was unwilling to listen. Within a week we went back out to the Mayo Clinic where they solved the problem without major surgery. Needless to say, I wouldn't refer my worst enemy to Riley Rees. He may be a brilliant surgeon (that's what we were told), but he's a mental midget when it comes to bedside manner and treating people with any sense of kindness.

|  Realistic  |  show details
Jun 8th, 2012

Dr. Reees is a wonderful person who sees the toughest cases and takes care of those that others have given up on. His cases are challenging. Many have a long list of medical conditions that result in healing problems and delay. He has a realistic approach to medicine and knows that he cannot fix everything. But he will try. He prayed with my father and held his hand. I will never forget that.

|  VILE PERSON !!!!!  |  show details
Aug 16th, 2011

My husband and I had a appointment with Mr. Rees in 2010. I'm writing to let people know how disappointed we were in him as a DOCTOR (i use that term loosely) and especially as a human being(i also use that term loosely). We heard alot of good things about U of M, he just doesn't happened to be one of them.(in my opinion) Still would like to know how he made the determination he made, without asking any questions and without answering any questions and looking at the wound for 30 seconds. His bedside manner is non-existent and his mouth has no filter. How dare you tell my husband he was lucky to be alive and lucky to have the quality of life that he has. No person has the right to do that. I thought is was M.D. not G.O.D. I thought doctors had to take the oath "do no harm". How dare he devastate peoples lives like that, he should choose his words more carefully. Thank god my husband is a strong person and has moved on from this unfortunate meeting. I do not understand his purpose. In closing be assured I will not be recommending him to anyone.

|  Horrible Bedside Manner !!!!!  |  show details
May 18th, 2011

Dr. Riley Rees is a Doctor that I would NEVER reccommend to anyone. I totally agree with the first persons review.He has No COMPASSION whatsoever espically if your older. I have never quite experienced the treatment from any Doctor EVER before that was recieved by him. His Arrogant I think I am better than you and have no time for you attitude was so unprofessional. The comments made to my Father and I by this man were horrible. I don't think that any doctor has the right to say to a son or daughter you must be Catholic and when asked why and what does that have to do with anything he said this GUILT your feeling over your Father. I guess he has nobody in his life that he LOVES or that LOVES him. GUILT??? When he asks you every appointment you have, how old are you, then proceeds to tell you well, you only have about 5 years left anyway. Really!!!! You feel like you are at their mercy because he is the one that is supposed to be giving you hope and fixing the problem. You are afraid to mouth off and snap back because you may get even worse treatment. I could go on and on !!!His staff and Dr.DeHong were absolutely Wonderful. I do not know how they could stand working for the man. I do not care how good of a surgeon you are said to be, if you can't treat people with a little more compassion and respect than he has it makes him worthless in my opinion. As it stands now this surgery is a year and a half out now and still has bone exposure. Need I say more. I would NEVER reccomend this man to anyone. Hope this helps so that nobody else will recieve the treatment we were given.

|  show details
Aug 31st, 2010

I would never recommend him.

|  Exceptional Physician!!!!  |  show details
by Barb Bell on Jun 4th, 2009

My entire family has used the expertise of Riley Rees, M.D. He is not only an outstanding physician, but really takes time and cares about his patients. Words can not describe how my entire family feels about Riley Rees. He has been a "God Send" to us all. BB