Dr. Riley Williams MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

August 25th, 2016
Dr Williams disappears after surgery. Does not respond to emergencies. Has no on call staff. Horrific experience. He is DANGEROUS.

November 12th, 2015
HAPPY PATIENT
Extremely happy with appointment, they called my daughter in and I was not even done completing the forms (normally other doctors offices make you wait at least 30 after you complete the forms to call your name). Very accommodating, staff super friendly!!! Dr. Riley Williams was very professional and explained everything in detail regarding what to expect from operation.

December 14th, 2013
Excellent. I've had two previous surgeries one shoulder. I should have went to him from the start. He found and repaired everything and knew what was going on while other doctors were refusing. Staff is friendly. The wait is not very long (per doctor appointment timeframes). He spends the necessary time with you explaining everything you need to know. Ask questions, he will have an answer. I'm shocked people had bad visits here. I just don't see it. I have and will continue to recommend Dr. Williams.

July 22nd, 2013
Great Doctor; Horrible Office Staff
Dr, Williams is a wonderful surgeon. He was able to give me options where other Doctors did not. I believe he has helped me avoid knee replacement for the next several years. His office staff gets a poor rating. I have had several experiences where I left messages for call back which have gone unanswered. I even referred a co-worker to Dr. Williams. This individual never received a call back.

April 3rd, 2013
Poor bedside manner
Aggressive, defensive and unwilling to talk.

March 30th, 2013
Dr. Williams is as arrogant as they come
Dr. Williams performed a surgery on me about 9 weeks ago. Per his instruction, I scheduled a follow up visit for week 7. The night before that appt, his staff called me to inform that he wouldn't be able to see me and rescheduled the appt for a week later. Getting there on time and still in pain, I was put to wait for over 1 hour. When i asked his nurse to see him quickly since i had to go back to work and didn't want to leave without telling the procedure had not yet produced the desired results. She told me that he was with a more important case and couldn't see me anytime soon. I protested asking why had they schedule the appt then?! I insisted to talk with him. As he enters the room, I asked: "dude, what happened?". His answer: "this is not going to work for me" and stormed out of the room. His poor management skills and disregard for patient's pain compounded with poorly trained staff made me ask for my charts and take my case somewhere else. Don't see him. There are much better options in NY.

February 13th, 2013
Terrible follow up
Horrible follow up. Office staff never returns calls and unless you physically go there for an appointment (which it is difficult to get because they don't answer the phone), you will not be able to speak to Dr. Williams.

September 13th, 2012
Worst Dr. Staff I've Ever Experienced
After having surgery, I called and left message asking for help because I was experiencing nausea and vomiting. It took 3 additional calls and staying on the line to get an answer and some help. I had some follow up questions today (4 days after surgery) so I left 2 messages and did not receive a call back. In total, I left 6 messages and got one call back. The directions they give you at discharge is vague and useless.

January 5th, 2012
Don't think about followup
Nice guy until after the surgery. 1 followup visit and don't call back with any questions or issues because they don't want to hear it. I had no issues with the staff but would not go back to HSS despite their reputation of excellent care. Not sure if he does the surgery or the fellow.

November 12th, 2011
office staff
Office staff is a bit rude when it comes to paying your co pay you could be talking to one of the staff members and the next one would cut you guys about a 5 dollar co payment will you trying to make your next appt

March 16th, 2011
Good doctor, mediocre staff
Dr. Williams is great. Diagnosis is accurate but his office staff needs help. I've had to literally call more than 3 times for MANY issues in order to get a response. That shouldn't be occurring.He needs better receptionists and staff people to return phone calls & TEST RESULTS, urgent or not. Other patients of his have said the exact same thing.

March 3rd, 2011
This was my first visit; I had come for a second opinion. I had a conversation with a nurse practitioner before Dr Williams saw me so I felt that I received a thorough assessment. I am especially grateful that Dr. Williams found no reason for the surgery that my previous doctor recommended. He recommended a course of physical therapy and the office scheduled a follow up appointment before I left. Unlike the other physician, Dr. Williams and the nurse practitioner explained my condition thoroughly and took time to answer all my questions. I will continue to see him for this orthopedic condition. I highly recommend him.