inactive

Rima A Mehta MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1
  • 6 reviews

August 4th, 2015
rude
Arrogant, condescending. Did not allow me to get any words in, just talked "at" me and over me. Can't wait to find another doctor.

February 6th, 2014
Looking Elsewhere
I've had a few appointments with Dr. Mehta. I did not feel my experience with Dr. Mehta was good. She seemed condescending and arrogant when asking questions. Dr. Mehta should take a class on better bedside manners.

June 26th, 2013
Awful
I was made to feel stupid and rushed. Dr. Mehta did not respect me as a patient and seemed like she was just checking a box.

April 24th, 2013
Not recommended
After being referred to Dr. Mehta by a good friend, I was disappointed by my experience. She seemed very rushed and it made for an uncomfortable and unpleasant experience.

April 23rd, 2013
Avoid Dr. Mehta
This was the worst interaction I have had with someone in the medical profession. Dr. Mehta was rude, condescending, arrogant, demeaning and lacked the ability to engage in a dialogue with me for long enough to even come close to getting the information she needed to make an informed diagnosis. She was very curt - frequently interupting me, talking over me or aggresively cutting me off. She has NO bedside manner and her arrogance made her offensive at best. After being barked at by Dr. Mehta and handed a stack of tests that she thought I needed (without explanation), I cut our appointment short and informed her she was not someone I felt comfortable with being my doctor. The word "care" was missing completely from my interaction. In addition, she was 50 minutes late to see me. It was horrible and she acted like I was wasting her time and an idiot. Dr. Mehta... you absolutely wasted my time.

April 5th, 2013
Overall I liked Dr. Mehta, very nice and was compassionate when I received some not so great results in the past. I dislike how quickly she moves through patients/appointments due to booking. I really wish they wouldn't give her so many people to see in a day so she had more one on one time. Ultimately I left her office after being her patient for approximately 5 years due to the following reasons... every time I had a appointment I would show up early and I frequently choose early morning (first appointment of the day) so I could get in/out yet I would always wait almost a hour to see the doctor every time I went in! One time I waited a hour past my appointment time and then waited a additional hour in the exam room! I personally think this is unacceptable clearly the doctor is overbooked. Not to mention all the times I was waiting for my appointment women who came in well after me go in/out before I was even seen! I agree with a previous statement about the staff, generally they are rude and have no clue what they are doing! Not to mention last minute with informing you of schedule changes. For instance Dr. Mehta was going on vacation (I'm gonna assume that this was known for a while) I wasn't called until the day before to reschedule my appointment and by then my doctor was booked for like the next months. It sucks trying to find a different GYN, but I am much happier now that I have switched. I found a doctor who gives me loads of time and I don't get stuck waiting a hour to see her every time I come in!

April 27th, 2012
Bad Experience With Office
She's OK, but the office could use a course in patient relations! The made me pay out of pocket for something that my insurance would have covered. Then, when I tried to get the required info for reimbursement I could never get the right person on the phone, or in most cases anyone to even answer their phones! The office staff is clueless and lazy. I'm so done with them!

April 15th, 2012
good experience
My experience was overall good. I will return & would refer my friends to see this doctor.

March 13th, 2012
She is not a bad doctor, but TOO arrogant, especially about her point of view. Unwilling to hear the patient's point of view, and is very rude and condescending.

November 22nd, 2011
Goes Too Fast
I was referred to this doctor after being told I could no longer use a midwife during my first pregnancy because of being high risk. As this was my first time,I really wanted a doctor who would be more nurturing. Instead, our appointments were always incredibly short; it felt like she was racing through them. One time, she literally pushed me back on the examination bed without saying very much and started examining. In a minute, she declared our appointment was over. I felt like I had to push to have her answer any questions or concerns--she rarely asked if I had any. I had my baby preterm, and of course, she wasn't available. When I returned for my 6-week follow-up, she didn't even seem to know who I was and asked me nothing about my delivery and recovery--seemed to just want to check my stitches. I've had many medical problems in the past and many doctors and this one, by far, ends appointments the fastest and with the least caring.

October 7th, 2011
If you are interested in a natural childbirth, do not waste your time. Somehow my refusal to have a flu shot led to a discussion about me hemorrhaging in labor and delivery because apparently it happens all the time in her practice. Her fear mongering was the only dis-empowering experience of my entire pregnancy. Had I met her prior to 37 weeks pregnant, it would have been enough for me to change practices.

October 4th, 2011
Dr. Mehta is great
I have been going here for about 4 years now. She's always caring as to any questions I have and takes time to talk to you. I just feel comfortable with her for an appointment that is usually way uncomfortable for most women.